Author Topic: Modelling "The Deathmask of Ollanius"  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Johnboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Modelling "The Deathmask of Ollanius"
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »
Fellow Commissars, Imperial Guard Commanders and Comrades!   (or indeed interested Xenos etc!)

For 'fun and fluff' I am attempting to represent the various "Heirlooms of Conquest" in the new(ish) Imperial Guard Codex! Most are fairly straightforward but I am completely at a loss on how to represent the Deathmask on a Company Commander!

As all you Guard players will know there is a very detailed description in the Codex;
"The mask is a terrifying piece of craftsmanship, depicting in obsidian and void-fired bronze the agonised visage of a tortured angel."

Any ideas anyone?  Has anyone already done this? (Pictures pretty please!)

Reluctant to 'green stuff' as lack of skill/ability is a real handicap! Also do not want to just paint it onto a guardsmans face as would like it clear that it is a 'mask'.
Any thoughts on G.W or other model ranges that might fit the bill? 

Challenge issued! ;D

Thankyou!

Offline Bushleague

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Modelling "The Deathmask of Ollanius"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 07:45:04 PM »
The blood angles sanguinary guard have death mask's and bits to go along with them. Might be what your looking for.
"Descend on Wings of Fury, and Scour the Enemy from the Battlefield" - Battle-Captain Janus Shraub, 3rd Company of the Angels of Sirocco, Successors of the 9th Legion.

Offline Johnboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 10:31:21 AM »
 ;D Excellent suggestion Sir!

Thank you!

Offline Packetboy

• Battle Brother
  • Get's Hot... Not anymore. Keep shooting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »
I had the same idea. Blood angel bitz are a good start. + it fit the falen angel side. lol
-INCOMING BARRAGE!
-Don't be afraid brothers. It will be a victorious day! Let's  face our enemies standing, with fire in our heart and... Kaboom
        Last word of the rebel leader on Axion 4

Offline nagg noil

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »
Here is my company commander with shotgun and power axe.

Offline Johnboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
Excellent!    Even painted on tears of blood...outstanding!

Why Sir...what a big axe you have! ::)

(The hat brought a smile to my face!)

Offline nagg noil

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 06:07:45 PM »
I used the sangweeny blood angels kit death mask that has the tear as part of the sculpt. The axe and the torso are from the same kit. The legs and hat from the command squad IG kit and the shotgun is a flamer/grenade launcher along with the arm and coat from the scion kit. I am holding of on painting fine details until I get my force complete. This is my first army I have played a few games with space marines but I have been a 40k fan for about 15 years. You guys are like super athlete Hero status to me. I am honored to be a part of this hobby thank you for your kind words. I have a long way to go but ya'll inspire the frakk out of me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:10:16 PM by nagg noil »

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 11:18:42 PM »
if I was making the deathmask of Ollaius I'd model it as either a hockey mask or I'd use a Steel Legion commander model/Deathkorp of Krieg model because of the gas masks.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.