Author Topic: The Judge's Table Discussion Thread  (Read 2565 times)

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
The Judge's Table Discussion Thread
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:45 PM »
The Judge's Table thread is locked to help keep it clean and easy to navigate, so I thought it might be nice to have another thread in case people would like to discuss the entries or the contest in general.

I also wanted to say over the next several days we will be adding the Feedback to the Judge's Thread from the judge's so check back often if you want to see what we had to say about your entry or what we are saying about other entries.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that I hope our feedback will not be taken personally as it is not meant to belittle the amazing work that you all have done in this contest. All of the entries are amazing for their own reasons, whether you are just starting out in the hobby or are a seasoned veteran. The goal of our comments and criticism is not to diminish what you have accomplished, but offer our opinions how how you can further yourself in the hobby that we all love. Also please bare in mind that our feedback is simply our opinions and we certainly do not mean to convey that there is a right or wrong way to do art.

The chief goal of the Painting Pledge Contest is so that people can push their current skill level to the limit and come out with a new, higher standard for themselves that they can be proud of.

We all greatly appreciate your participation in the Painting Pledge Contest and hope that you will continue to join us in the future as we grow into a bigger and greater event.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:58:43 PM by xAngelicZ »

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: The Judge's Table Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »
I think I'm most excited for the feedback. As a new painter I feel like honest criticism is needed so that I can know what to work on next.

Thanks so much judges!

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »
This is a great idea and thread. I learned that trying to complete an over ambitious conversion and paint it within a specific time frame is really unrealistic for me. Next time I'll have a few models that are ready for paint on the shelf. I'm looking forward to the next one for sure!!  ;)

Offline DAG42

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:41:57 PM »
I think it's a good idea. Done right the people should pick up helpful ideas.

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 03:01:48 PM »
Thanks for the feedback blade and Fritz. I really appreciate it.

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »
Thanks for the feedback blade and Fritz. I really appreciate it.
You are most welcome and you did a great job. I can't wait to see what you enter next time.

Offline Striker0079

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
I'm just hoping next time I'll have a little less going on at home so i can take more than a day or two to paint my entry :)

You asked for some cretique for teh Judges entries so here I go...

Bladeiai I love your Eldar Wraithknight. The turquoise is beautifully smooth and the shading/blending is seamless.  That base just fits him so well too!  The glowing effect looks wonderful as well. If I would change anything it would be to paint a few more of the gems on him.

Hawkeye, your librarian is really impressive as well. I love the little detail work on the front. I think my only complaint is how dark the overall value of it is, but that might just be the lighting/camera. Good solid color choices and the blade looks really nice. 
Eldar- Craftworld Glennis (4000pts)

Offline Neojarlaxe

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
    • Campo de Batalla (Battlefield)
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 07:07:28 PM »
First of all thanks a lot for the feedback it is very appreciate.

Bladeiai The wraithknight is superb, I like a lot the color scheme and the highlights.

Hawkeye The librarian is looking great. Very detailed miniature with nice highlights. The only suggestion in to increase the light when doing the picture, it looks quite dark in my screen.
You are invited to my Blog and my YouTube Channel:
http://figurasvictorq.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/neojarlaxe