Author Topic: Making an Aegis Defense Line.  (Read 3173 times)

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
Making an Aegis Defense Line.
« on: December 12, 2014, 03:03:26 AM »
So I'm thinking about making a few scratch built Defense lines.

One for orks, and maybe one for my chaos marines. The building isnt the problem, its the dimensions im not sure about. Anyone have a defense line that could give me the general numbers I'd need to build one. Just like the length, width, and depth of each wall link. Also how many links there are, just stuff like that.

Offline Kezef

• Chapter Master
  • Angels have two wings for a reason
    • View Profile
Re: Making an Aegis Defense Line.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 11:33:31 AM »
I was thinking of making my own ADL for my eldar using Sculpy, I would like to know the dimensions myself. 

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 02:39:04 AM »
So made some great strides in finding info on the ADL stats and dimensions.

Turns out its actually really easy to find them online through google so..... guess im dumb for not trying it earlier :P

Anywho! Heres what I've found so far:

The basic ADL was consists of 4 long sections (13cm long by 4cm high, or 5-3/16 long by 1-9/16 high for you mericans) and 4 small sections (5cm by 4 cm, or 1-15/16 by 1-9/16). Theres a pic down below of the wall sections (pic 1). Couldnt find a proper top view of them, but you get the idea of the staggered look of the wall. Pretty sure its not too important if they're straight or staggered. This guy made a pretty good one from foam (pic 2).

The actual gun part is just a simple weapon mounted on what looks like just a squard base (pic 3). Not too sure of the dimensions for this guy, but I'm sure just a small square plateform (probably around the size of a small marine base, if not alittle bigger) would work out. I got a whole box of random IG bits and whatnot, so I'll see what I can wipe together.

I'll post my first attempts at the wall later.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »
So making my ADL is coming along nicely.

Currently I have the 4 long sections mostly done. And 2 of the small ones all the way done. No work done yet on the gun emplacement. Gonna have to loot some bits from a friend, but we'll see.

Here are some pics of my work so far.

I'll be posting a video on my channel of the finished project soon.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:35:45 PM »
More pics now that I have the wall sections mostly done. I just gotta get a few smaller parts glued to the small sections, but for the most part the wall is up!

Now that the wall is up, it definitely looks much nicer then when I was cutting the foam apart. And as soon as I have a gun emplacement up and working, my Havoc champion will finally be shooting with the other havocs every turn! 4 havocs shooting autocannons, and the champ working the quad gun. It's gonna be beautiful ^-^

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »
WOOOO!

Fun with Youtube editor! Finally got around to posting a video about my ADL I made.

Still haven't gotten around to making the gun though, but for a cool video you guys should check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9s9jby7vV0

Enjoy everyone!

Offline Overlord Azuos

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 12:07:53 AM »

Hi, I'm Adam

I improved on that design some, since taking that picture, just never got around to updating the blog.

Have a completley different design I have yet to print out and build as well. I'll let you know when I have something built and ready to share.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 05:40:31 AM »
Ahh ic.

Yeah for a more serious ADL the test idea needs some fine tuning. But for a quick and easy ADL it gets the job done.

I'd still be interested in seeing the updated design.