Author Topic: Battle Report - Adeptus Ministorium 1500 pts  (Read 3979 times)

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Report - Adeptus Ministorium 1500 pts
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »
Still working on the big post with more of the specifics here, sorry that it has been taking so long to get done.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 12:08:40 AM »
Its all good mate.

Cant wait to read it. Until they release SOB in plastic, there will only be a limited number of us SOB players, so the more battle reports and experiences the better.

I know the guys at my club are more than a little annoyed about the Acts of Faith special rule.

There is nothing quite like 4 x heavy bolter SQUADS with imagifiers sitting watching over the battlefield with even celestine nearby. Thats upto 48 free shots and then in the shooting phase another 48 shots at Str 5, AP-1 right into the bad guys. Over 5 turns, a possible 480 shots!

Let the good times roll!

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 10:51:34 AM »
The two Retributer squads with Heavy bolters did most of the heavy lifting in the tournament, killing several marines , and even a few vehicles. What did the worst was my Seraphim squad with hand flamers, after the faq made them d3 instead there is really no reason to take them anymore because you kinda pay a ton of points for a worse flamer the inferno pistol is the better option.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 02:36:35 AM by Leftovers44 »

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 03:13:37 AM »
Yep i hear you. Im having food success with units like seraphim. But i keep them with celestine for her protection and... they get a rerollable 5plus invun save.  So with 2 squads near her you get 8 melta shots and 2 more powerswords sisters.

It may be unsportsmanlike... but im resorting to 4 squads of retributers with heavy bolters with 2 or 3 imagifiers. You are so right. .. you get ao many shots. This includes 2 exorcists usually. Add a cannonness for rerolling 1s and its very good.

Yea i dont like hand flamers anymore.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 01:22:26 PM »
Yeah I saw your 2k list, that is a bit mean with 4 retributer squads. But hey it will defiantly get the job done of having a ton of scary dakka.

What do you think of exorcists now? I have been finding it a bit hard to justify putting them to any lists around 1000-1500 points. Above that would most likely be a good point to add them into a list.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 09:51:18 PM »
Im tossing up the idea... what would be better.

2  or 3 exorcists. . Or 1 imperial knight?

In addition i wonder if the acts of faith will ever be nerfed because someone will take 12 squads to a tournament  with 7 or 8 imagifiers and celestine and some cheap cannonness.

I wonder if they are so unfair in terms of what others get. How cheap wyvrns and chimeras are... and they are vehicles and therefore have resilience.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »
It would be funny to see someone use that many retributers with heavy bolters and imgafiers but I doubt anyone would actually be able to field such a thing.

I would need a bit more imagifers to do that since sadly in 7th they didn't really do much to be worth taking. Now though they are pretty crazy in how acts of faith work.

I haven't used exorcists in 8th yet, I have played very few games so maybe later i will. Still got 3 laying around to build...

Knights are really good since one of the tournament lists are running like 4 knights.