Author Topic: Need Help On A Colour Scheme For DeathGuard  (Read 380 times)

Offline Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Need Help On A Colour Scheme For DeathGuard
« on: August 10, 2017, 02:22:28 PM »
Hey there.
I finally have CSM of my own thanks to the Dark Imperium box.

The last bunch of CSM I painted were pink and gold, and the colours really grew on me, very sad that I wont ever see them on a table, but oh wells. I really want a bright Chaos army, I painted my Necron Overlord a lot brighter then I normally do and now I am just want brighter models.

I want my Death Guard to have a warp life feel and colour to them. A while back I saw, I think a poxwalker with purple "Nurgle rot", sadly I did not save the picture, so I have nothing to work off of. The Scheme is gold trim, the armor plates a bright silver/white silver, with a pink or purple shades on the model with bright pinks, purples and blues Nurgle gifts.

How I am going to do the marines is base them white, or a light cream colour, dry brush heavily with Necron compound, bleed over a bright colour from the trims, so the deeper parts of the "plates" will have a warp kind of colour, no idea yet on the colour of the shade/washes. Do the trimming in gold, shade with Seraphim Sepia, dry brush the whole mini in a white(maybe a blue,pink or purple).
As for the warpish Nurgle rot, I have no idea how I am going do it.

What citadel paints do you think I should get, what colour should I base the models?
Sorry for the terrible grammar. I usually never type so much. 

Offline Rezal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help On A Colour Scheme For DeathGuard
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 04:27:10 AM »
 ??? Nothing like replying to your own topic.
Another option for them would be rusty metal look.
Base the model in a dark brown or black, heavy dry brush of mourfang brown followed by a wash of earthshade or/and/before a dry brushing of your silver of your choosing,then a dry brush of a light silver if you want to lighten it up, finished off with ryza rust. Though I wanna add some red to the rust, haven't tried it out yet.

Now I could do something similar to how I do the rust. Base models in a dark purple, dry brush with a lighter purple, red or a dark blue, followed by a light dry brushing of Necron compound, then a wash, dunno what one I would use here. I think if I based it in purple I might go with violet or blue shade. Followed by more Necron compound and a light colour like blue or a warpish colour.

Will post pics of test models as soon as I get around to it, gonna be using cheaper paints and home made washes for tests.