Author Topic: Larger Plague Marines (Dark Imperium)  (Read 714 times)

Online Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
Larger Plague Marines (Dark Imperium)
« on: August 13, 2017, 05:56:21 AM »
Something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is the size of the new plague marines from the Dark Imperium box set. They are Primaris in size and larger than the regular models. Larger to the point that they don't look good mixed with the old ones. Does anyone know if this is going to be the new size for them or has GW just done this for the box set?
  • Death Guard / Nurgle Daemons
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
Re: Larger Plague Marines (Dark Imperium)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 01:16:11 AM »
Nothing confirmed, but i highly suspect that Primaris Marine models and their size are to completely replace the existing Model range.... the "Primaris" crap just being a filler while the models are step by step being replaced with the new size. So it's only fair that the chaos models get the new size as well!
=Blood Angels=

Online PepeTykki

• Initiate
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 05:42:11 AM »
I am almost 100% sure that this is the new standard size in wich all the upcoming models are made to. The so called "true scale" as i have been hearing. But the new plaque marines are too diffrent looking from the older ones either way. Not just for their size but also for everything else. The old models look too dated to my eye now that the new stuff is out, wich is a shame for thos who allready own a bunch of them.
For the Dark Gods!

Online Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »
That's my problem. They don't look right next to the old ones.
  • Death Guard / Nurgle Daemons
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 01:17:05 PM »
I do believe that the primaris is the NEW marine scale.

Even GW knows if they invalidated all old marines the player base would fold. BUT if they only produce and release primaris moving ahead it does the same thing.

New plague marines ARE bigger in scale. Next to my Death Guard army right now they REALLY look off in scale.

Just doesn't look correct.

So play my DG as is with no new models, or start a new DG army from scratch with the new models.

Do we think GW is phasing out all models to this new scale?

Would be a great way to get everybody to buy new models.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Online PepeTykki

• Initiate
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 04:57:16 AM »
GW IMO is focused hard on the new primaris stuff and with that the upcoming DG releases are also gonna be in that respective scale just to compliment the primaris marines. We'll see when the time comes for other armies to get some new stuff (wich might take a long while) what will be the case with the scale then. But the new DG will be the new primaris scale.

I guess I am a bit fortunate to start only now building a legit DG army so ill get all the stuff in the same scale but I do feel bad for those who already had an DG army to begin with. I guess it's a matter of "strat over" or "stay old" unless you don't mind mixing models in your army.
For the Dark Gods!