Author Topic: Horus Heresy?  (Read 9022 times)

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
Horus Heresy?
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »
So as many of you may be aware Forgeworld has recently been working on the Horus Heresy game series. Meaning you're able to play through the epic events of the heresy with all the pre-heresy legions and their special flavour. What's more is it uses 40k based rules! and expands on the game by adding first of all PRIMARCHS! and second of all a Lords of War slot to every FoC, meaning you can run Super-Heavies and Titans. Honestly if I had the spare income I would invest in this game.. BUT! Would other people?

What do you guys think?

Angel
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
Re: Horus Heresy?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:13:37 AM »
I keep looking at them too.

I go back and forth between them and 40k Space Marines... Iron Hands models look really cool.

I will definitely get Ferrus Manus model just to paint when it's released.

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:20:32 AM »
Finally giving up your heretical ways and turning to the light of the Emperor are we^^?

Actually I suppose that's not SO true seeing as you'd rather work with the Adeptus Mechanicus then Space Marines from certain Chapters *cough* Dropsite Massacre *cough*

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »
I'm waiting until I see a model made of Rogal Dorn before I get into 30K.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
Hmm, being a Grey Knights player I never really got in to the whole 18 Legions thing..  I can't say i'd play one of the individual chapters one way or another.. at least until Thousand Sons are released :3.

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 10:07:10 PM »
Finally giving up your heretical ways and turning to the light of the Emperor are we^^?

Actually I suppose that's not SO true seeing as you'd rather work with the Adeptus Mechanicus then Space Marines from certain Chapters *cough* Dropsite Massacre *cough*

Nothing wrong with playing both sides :)

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »
You're right, i'm a sucker for Tzeentchian Sorcery~

Offline Face Eater

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »
I'm waiting until I see a model made of Rogal Dorn before I get into 30K.

Keeping it real Fist Style! I like it.

Might be waiting a while for Dorn sadly, but I bet Sigismund is released around the same time.

Offline Ironhammer

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
honestly, I'm waiting for Sanguinius.  Though I don'tlike their fluff in 40k, the Blood Angels have, by far, the most amazing Primarch ever!

Offline nusphigor

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 01:25:59 AM »
I played with my 40k wolves against a 30k sons of horus list today and got soooo happy with that book I didn't mind I was beaten that hard XD

Still I'd like to see the rules for Roboute gulliman or Dorn as those are my favorite primarchs

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »
I think forgeworld does make note that 40k and 30k armies have different systems of balance. Meaning 40k vs 40k and 30k vs 30k is fine, but when they intertwine 30k has and advantage somewhat. Being able to field Primarchs and all that~

Offline pchappel

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 07:33:17 PM »
Not sure I'd agree...  Been playing 1500 and 1850 point games of 30K Legion armies against 40K armies.  Pretty even overall.  IIRC the Primarchs are Lords of War and so 2000 points and up via the modified FOC...

Essentially the only way I can field my Wolves currently as anything like a competitive force...

Offline beesterdo

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »
I had my first game of 30k at the weekend, really enopyed it but a few things stood out for me.

Legion Tactical squads are not really very effective, good way to get loads of boots on the ground but I would not expect them to do that much.

I ran 2 20 man Assault squads with 4 Pw and a Pf.  Huge pain the hole to move but really effective.  By the end of the game though I really regretted not taking and meltaguns in the squad but the larger squad size lets you soak up a tremendous amount of damage and still remain combat effective once you reach enemy lines.

Night Lords Terror squads armed with Nortraman Chain Glaives will go through marines like a hot knife through butter but they are expensive and it is tricky to get enough of them in to do enough before they are wiped out.

My opponent invested in apothacaries for his units, they made a big difference.  I will definatley be taking them in my force next time.

Storm Eagles are just lovely, especially with TL Lascannons.

Curze is a monster in combat but useless against Land Raiders.  Vulkan is just ridiculously tough!!!

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 10:29:50 AM »
If FW ever make a Vulkan or the big papa smurf himself; I'll start to invest!
TEH BANEBLADZ, THERE EVERYWHERE!!!

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 11:47:46 AM »
If FW ever make a Vulkan or the big papa smurf himself; I'll start to invest!

Rules for Vulkan and the Salamanders are in Horus Heresy book 2-Massacre so I imagine he will be getting a model in the not so far future. He's Pretty bad ass(they all are), heres just some of his rules. S&T of 7, 6 wounds, 2+3++ saves along with the Standard primarch USRs of Eternal Warrior, It(He?) will not Die, Fear, Fearless, Adamantium Will. then he has his own special rule of Blood of Fire that allows him to re-roll Deny the Witch and It will not die rolls.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"