Author Topic: yoymart ?  (Read 41814 times)

Offline lobbywatson

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: yoymart ?
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »
Well after being a yoymart advocate I am done with them. 2 orders from Feb 8th one is still MIA and not shipped the other arrived today. A wraithknight and wraithseer. The Wraithknight is bad. A lot of misformed parts and missing pieces. The wraithseer was ok but the plastic is so brittle I broke something dang near every time I cut, trimmed or scraped it. I've attached a couple pics. I got to say I've been buying stuff at a FLGS near me and the actual GW stuff is better. Yes expensive but its better quality overall. Not trying to start a thread war but I've ordered a lot from Chinese suppliers and now 2 really bad experiences have wrecked it for me.
Heresy Era Night Lords
Beastmen: Tribe of the Byull Wastes

http://belacbyull.blogspot.com/
http://www.mastercraftedgaming.com/

Offline lord greyskull

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2014, 07:43:21 PM »
Just received my 2 venomthropes and 5 blood angel death company.  Venomthropes were good quality.  But death company, I only received basic pieces to make 5 death company with bolters.  Emailed them to find out about other pieces.

Offline Pandarchon

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2014, 11:13:31 PM »
My draigo was terrible

See pictures

Offline DAG42

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2014, 11:39:02 PM »
Wow! Let us know what they say they are going to do about this. Quality is dropping. Demand must be high and they aren't checking it out.

Offline lobbywatson

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
So after placing a order on Jan 18th. I had to cancel it yesterday. 60 days and no idea when it would ship. It was an order for a fire prism, 5 warp spiders and 10 wraithguard. They said on the 7th only the warp spiders were done. Then on the 20th they said only the fire prism was done. After that I said in done and cancel my order. They did refund it within 24 hours though. So that part was good. I'm bummed out I bought about $500 worth of stuff from them. Now this. No more for me. I'm done with yoymart.
Heresy Era Night Lords
Beastmen: Tribe of the Byull Wastes

http://belacbyull.blogspot.com/
http://www.mastercraftedgaming.com/

Offline space truckin

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »

I should of pulled the trigger earlier on my order while they were still quality, fast and accepted paypal.

Offline Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:52 PM »

I should of pulled the trigger earlier on my order while they were still quality, fast and accepted paypal.

This. I may never get any Hornets now.  :'(

Offline PDzikus

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2014, 07:08:17 AM »
I recently also placed few orders:
- Deathwing - good quality, no problems with that
- legs for Immortals/Deathmarks - good quality, no problems
- Cryptek - badly miss-shaped/warped.
- FW necron bomber - 2 pieces warped. Looks like someone was pulling them out of form too early while it was still hot?

I will not order anymore from them I guess. At least not in near future

Offline Pandarchon

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:39 PM »
Regarding Draigo, I have finally negotiated them to send me a new one. I am requesting photos before they send it

They offered either a new one or a reimbursement of 5 bucks when I paid 9

Offline Rivetlicker

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »
I tried them out a few months ago to see about the quality. Shipping and the estimate they gave when it would be in did match, so no complaints about their shipping.

I ordered a squad of Obliterators from them for my Nurgle/deathguard army. Perhaps it's because the style of the models/army that casting issues wouldn't bother me too much, but I did check how their casting was. In general they looked good detail wise, but the upperbody part with the lower body didn't really fit flush and there was pretty noticeable warp on the leg of one of the oblits. Green stuff straightened it out a bit, but considering the final paintjob I put on it the repairs didn't seem that noticeable.

From my experiences, I wouldn't mind buying models that don't "suffer" from the ultra sleek look such as Eldar or that are really detailed and need those details on the sculpts that make the model (like those forgeworld primarchs). For me any clunky models, such as the obliterators are actually pretty ok by them overall (but then again I'm no Golden daemon quality painter... and I covered up a lot of the casting issues with rust or gore effects)

Offline Packetboy

• Battle Brother
  • Get's Hot... Not anymore. Keep shooting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2014, 09:01:21 AM »
I receive the stuff I ordered. The 2 hades Drill were fine with a crisp resin, slighty warp on the samll part but nothing bad. The ork supa canon were almost made of soft resin and in perfect condition. The mega nobz were perfect. I only shave really small mold lines. (totally normal, but hard resin)

The 12 sweeping hawk were really good too, but the resin was a little crisp and 4 model had no slot to slide in the base but that's a minor thing. I pulled out my bitz box and with minimal conversion they were fine bouncing on battle wreckage. (dynamic entry)

I ordered them at the end of January and with the spring festival I still were able to receive them in a good 2 month interval. They were all model with long delay to produce so I happy of the result.

For myself I think they are good for simple model, but if they are too much spike or small corner on the model I wouldn't recommand it.

P.S. The box had a smell of gas fuel that was terrible. I suggest to wash all the model when you receive them, they will be easier to glue. It took 2 days for the vapor to evaporate on there own.

On a scale of 10, 10 being GW plastic kit quality, I would rate yoymart a 6/10. But if time is no problem and money is tight... It is a good alternative. Would I use it again... maybe some sentinels but I not sure.
-INCOMING BARRAGE!
-Don't be afraid brothers. It will be a victorious day! Let's  face our enemies standing, with fire in our heart and... Kaboom
        Last word of the rebel leader on Axion 4

Offline mattblowers

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Gaming Blog
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »
I thought I'd try it out to see what the quality was like.  I've heard bad things about smaller models, so I avoided that.  I ordered 3 Crisis suits and a riptide.  All were exceptional.  A few imperfections but nothing that a bit of greenstuff can't fix.  The detail was sharp and crisp.  Don't buy these if you are going to enter the model for a painting competition, but as an addition to your army for tabletop quality they are fine. 

As for ordering times, I have had to cancel some items.  If it says "usually ships in 24 hours" you are probably good to go as they are already made. 
Famous last words: "All I have to do is not roll ones...."

Check out my painting blog at http://lilliputianwars.blogspot.com/

Offline lord greyskull

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2014, 08:10:02 PM »
Received my Kharn the Bloody and World Eaters terminators conversion kit.  Molds look good.  Can't wait to put them together.

Offline Striker0079

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2014, 10:20:09 PM »
I finally got a more recent order, most were great quality, Dire avengers were perfect. A few of the harlequins i got  had some imperfections, one of them had a bunch of holes in his cloak where the plastic was super thin a little greenstuff will solve it though. 

Some of the other peices I had were terribly warped, a little hot water fixed it though.

Seems like most of what they send out is good, but the do have some quality control issues. You get what you pay for, that's for sure.
Eldar- Craftworld Glennis (4000pts)

Offline lord greyskull

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2014, 08:41:50 PM »
It seems they have changed the payment method to Western Union.  That's a shame as I was planning on buying more from them.