Author Topic: Building an Emperor's Children Army  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
Building an Emperor's Children Army
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:52:50 AM »
Taking the leap and building an HH army. Chosen Emperor's Children as I can use the models for my 40k CSM army.

I have built what i think is a reasonable 2k list, I would love some critique from people who have actually played the game tongue.png

HQ

Praetor - 172
- Terminator Armour
- Combi-Melta
- Paragon Blade
- Grenade Harness
- Pride of the Legion

Elites

Apothecaries (2) - 110
- Augury Sensor

Contemptor-Mortis Talon - 195
- Kheres Assault Cannons
- Havoc Launcher

Contemptor Talon - 190
- Kheres Assault Cannon
- Claw

Troops

Veteran Tactical Squad (10) - 245
- Articifer Armour
- Combi-Plasma
- Plasma gun x2

Veteran Tactical Squad (10) - 265
- Articifer Armour
- Combi-plasma
- Missile Launchers x2

Terminator Squad - 219
- Heavy Flamer
- Combi-Melta x2
- Chainfist x2

Heavy

Kakophani - 145

Fire Raptor - 230
- Reaper Batteries

Spartan Assault Tank - 295

Total 2066

Plenty of wiggle room, just want to know I'm not going to fall flat on my face when playing games smile.png

Any and all advice welcome smile.png

Offline Poxyquotl

• Initiate
  • Jack of all trades, master of none
    • View Profile
Re: Building an Emperor's Children Army
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
I like this list, it's straight to the point and it's got all it's bases covered.

The kakophani are great I love the fluff and I love the unit. However you may want to consider throwing some of those Phoenix guard terminators. They make an excellent assault unit and bodyguard for your Praetor.

Also, it's important to note that you should have a lot of scoring units in a HH list, hell in any list really. So another Veteran tactical squad could be a good addition. Also, I notice that you're dreadnoughts have a lot of over lap with your Fireraptor. The Contemptor Mortis is always a good choice no doubt, but the other one's points I feel are better used in some other way.
You may want to consider trimming it down some; in my club we cannot go over our alloted points limit, period. 66 is quite a big margin.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 04:55:51 PM »
Resurrecting this topic from the dead. As the emperor's children rules are driven towards sweeping advances terminators might not be the best was of spending points. You might want to consider jetbikes T5 and 2+ and extra speed and heavy weapons.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline Smag

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 01:19:09 AM »
What about dropping the Spartan, picking up a Sicaran and putting the 2 vet squads in rhinos.
That would drop the points, give the vets some mobility, and you would have good fire power
with the Sicaran

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 04:35:23 AM »
Kakophini could be dropped, Heavy Supports with Volkilite do more damage and are cheaper. Dropping the Spartan would mean the vets can't assault which EC really want to be doing. Could consider power weapons/phoniex spears on the vets for wounds that ignore armour, which means yr units will be more likely to win combat and make use of EC legion rules.  ;D

Tool up sergeants as they have to challenge. Also again termies don't gel that well with EC, if you want termies play a legion that doesn't hinge on sweeping advances. Also best veteran tactic would generally be furious charge, which gives you +Intitive, which means more wounds and less attacks back. If you're up against GK or Nids sniper is an Emperor/Slannesh send, for rending (GK) and 4+ wound (Nids). Fearless is good against Night Lords. Pretty much like psychic, take based on opposition, but if in doubt Furious Charge.

Also Spartan with flare shields and armoured ceramite cannot be damaged by melta weapons:P

http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game