Author Topic: Bound Vs. Unbound 40K 7th Edition Picture Rumor Roundup  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Bound Vs. Unbound 40K 7th Edition Picture Rumor Roundup
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:13:53 PM »
Bound Vs. Unbound 40K 7th Edition Picture Rumor Roundup
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline ThingOne

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Bound Vs. Unbound 40K 7th Edition Picture Rumor Roundup
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
I'm really trying to be excited about 7th, I'm really really trying ... I can't remember ever having to try in the last 6 incarnations of the game.

Offline crobat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 03:11:11 PM »
Don't forget there was many ways that allowed some books to spam some units. For instance bikes are really really good in 6th i think, and there are at least 4 books I can think of that allowing taking bike only army, but we really didn't see those armies went nuts or something.

I'm more curious than feared what will people do with heavies :) astra militarium gonna have some wicked combos there I bet. Or imagine Lootas en mass? :) D3 x silly number of s7 shoots? xD

I'm not so worried about fliers tho... sure they are strong, but there are so many things that can be taken to negate them. I would love to face flamer drake spam, with landriders with scoring units :P park here now I wait till round 6, put those units out and win. (yea I know is not that simple xD)

Offline Nix911

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • The Failed Save
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »
I'm actually pretty excited in general.  It seems like it will be easier to at least create more of an expectation for the type of game you're going to join an event for (or just a regular pick up game).  I don't really have any interest in the 'unbound/apoc' type gaming experience, but not having seen the rulebook Im not sure what kind of competitiveness you'll be able to see across 'list-types' I only had the DV rulebook last edition, so the big fatty book purchase is ok with me...its far less expensive than buying 2 new console games.
++ Posting pics and army progress http://thefailedsave.blogspot.com/ ++

Offline vandamage

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 05:30:21 PM »
I agree with what Fritz was saying in his video that the command bonus and the scoring unit bonus are pretty weak in comparison to the power an unbound army can potentially bring. However, I hope that the new objective cards will favour bound armies and will make bound armies more fun to play strategically... but then again who knows!

Offline CarboniteLab

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 08:09:15 PM »
I agree with what Fritz was saying in his video that the command bonus and the scoring unit bonus are pretty weak in comparison to the power an unbound army can potentially bring. However, I hope that the new objective cards will favour bound armies and will make bound armies more fun to play strategically... but then again who knows!

I agree with this. The bonuses will have to be very good to balance the new rules. I think that you are right with your statement about the mission cards. Maybe each card will have its specific mission but will also include a small caveat at the bottom that says something like, " if your army is Bound and follows a FOC then the mission wis worth x2 the point value." Or something like this.
" You have taken your first step into a larger world."

https://www.youtube.com/user/CarboniteLab

Offline Wraithlan

• Battle Brother
  • -He who stands with me shall be my Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 09:29:02 PM »
As many have mentioned it's really going to come down to how armies interact with the missions,  but the "objective secured" rule has me very interested. If I understand it correctly, I think it will make troops choices from several codex's function more effectively, and against an unbound army "my troops" can not only "contest" an opponent's objectives, but outright steal them, meaning I not only cost you points, but gain some myself, it could make all the difference against an unbound army.

As a Grey knight player who loves terminators but can't justify fielding them in sixth, that rule could help, and if they strengthen close combat like some of the rumors say, I might even take a few to a tournament....
-We strike with the wrath of the righteous

Offline Sadclown

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »
The guys over at FTW are saying dedicated transports will follow the same rules as the unit they transport regarding scoring.  If this is correct, and it combines with the Objective Secured rule, you would have a scoring vehicle that cannot be denied by unbound army units.  Also it seems based on the pictures that regular FOC armies can still take dataslates.

Offline weidekuh

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
If Tanks get more resilient and transports are scoring too, good lord Wave Serpents...

Offline Sadclown

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »
Check out the rumors on FTN's Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqY5QXMF6q4

They are saying vehicles may be more resilient, but if you Jink you can only fire snap shots the next turn. 

Offline crobat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 08:14:10 AM »
Will unbound alow me to take multiple alies? Cuz than I am soooo doing my space bretons xD I'm gonna take evry single space marine codex marine, and paint each of them diferently, and gear them diferently, buting them all on bikes!

If Tanks get more resilient and transports are scoring too, good lord Wave Serpents...

Just listened to it. I like the Idea :) it's time those jinxers get a bit nerfd, don't u agree?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:21:03 AM by crobat »

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 09:08:58 PM »
I'd like to just comment on the Maelstrom of War missions, some of the turn by turn "objectives" involve securing a certain objective or any number for 1 or d3 Victory Points respectively. Basically, in light of Battle Forged vs. Unbound, the Battle Forged side will ALWAYS win these objectives as long as they are able to get in range of them on that turn. That seems like a pretty darn big bonus for the more mobile armies out there.
The Dance Without End Begins..