Author Topic: 1500pt list idea  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Nix911

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • The Failed Save
1500pt list idea
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
Well, I know its kind of a weird period for list-making with 7th on the way, but heres my second go at a 1500 point list.  The secondary motive for this list (besides being fun & ideally not a total doormat for pickup games) is to give me a list to attack the painting of the army.  I like the idea of the Deathwing squads being lead by Librarians...and Azrael is there for a few reasons  1)Terminators scoring, Running the Lascannon for AA, and giving the 10-man tact squad the 4+ Inv to hopefully camp an objective behind the Aegis.

Worst-case scenario, the list is total garbage...but still useful for a 'painting checklist?'  (The names are helping me care about them more in terms of a narrative AND painting them)

HQ
A- Supreme Grand Master Azrael   (215)
   Stock
B- Epistolary Librarius  Sodiel   (125)
   Power Field Generator, Force Weapon, Terminator Armor & Storm Bolter
C- Epistolary Librarius  Karoz   (125)
   Power Field Generator, Force Weapon, Terminator Armor & Storm Bolter

Troops
A- Tactical Squad Arioch   (140)
   5 Marines - 1 Flamer, Sgt Melta Bombs Razorback w/twin-linked Heavybolter, Stormbolter

B- Tactical Squad Bardiel   (140)
   5 Marines - 1 Flamer, Sgt Melta Bombs Razorback w/twin-linked Heavybolter, Stormbolter

C- Tactical Squad Christos   (180)
   10 Marines - 1 Missile Launcher w/Flakk missiles, 1 Plasma gun

D- Deathwing Terminator Squad Brother-Dekel   (245)
   5 Deathwing - 1 Assault Cannon, 1 Thunderhammer & Storm shield

E- Deathwing Terminator Squad Sergeant Eliath   (245)
   5 Deathwing - 1 Assault Cannon, 1 Thunderhammer & Storm shield

Fortification
Aegis Defense line w Icarus Lascannon  (85)
++ Posting pics and army progress http://thefailedsave.blogspot.com/ ++

Offline Aris

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: 1500pt list idea
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
Honestly the only change i would make is Azrael ----> Belial. (less points for other upgrades, and most importantly, a turn one instant deep strike with no rolling)

Otherwise i think somehow modding the list to accommodate a Dark Talon to make life ridiculously  easy for the termies.

I actually really like the 2 librarians attached to each deathwing squad is pretty nice, it also helps to prevent maledictions from mucking up their stats. and lets not for get dat biomancy, mmmmmm FNP/iron arm. Wise choice indeed

You're going to have trouble possibly with those razorbacks getting killed. So maybe dropping one of the tactical+razor combo for some devastators or preds could be very beneficial.

Other than what I personally think, this list could get tabled, or win a few games because of that massive troop army.

^_^
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 06:48:31 PM by Aris »

Offline Nix911

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • The Failed Save
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »
Love the ideas Aris!  You make a good point about the 2 razorbacks haha...I think Im too attached to symmetry for some weird reason!  I've always loved predator tanks, so that would be a fantastic reason to go pick one up.  Had any good luck with a venerable dread?  Maybe in a pod?  I have 4 dreads sitting primed (1 venerable) and it might be cool to paint up a deathwing dread.

Offline Aris

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »
Hell yes! Venerable dreads are a pretty powerful unit for their cost. Great at handling any situation with CC or shooting. Just make sure to install a magnet for the weapons, that way you can change out the dread's wargear without having to change models.

I went to look at the dreads stats, and i for got about its WS/BS upgrade. Even better reason to take it!

Offline Ironhammer

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »
What disciplines are you taking with the librarians?  I always run a libby with my DWTs and telepathy is my favorite.

Offline Nix911

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • The Failed Save
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 09:29:26 AM »
Not sure which disciplines yet...I suppose I had thought Div for the blessings, but seeing the pics from the 7th psychic chart, looks like Div is out for DA Librarians!  Just about finished slinging paint on the first one anyway...so I got a bit of time to digest the new powers  :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:54:52 AM by Nix911 »