Author Topic: my friend just started playing with the Astarte's legions what do I need to know  (Read 1268 times)

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
My friend just picked up the Astarte's legions book and from everything he's said they seem pretty imbalanced also I refuse to let him field any of the lords of war such as primarchs because just no anyway what do I need to kniw

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Forgeworld discusses playing 40k vs. 30k in the FAQ a bit. The suggestion is only do so at larger points games (2,000+) and both players being allowed to use Lords of War (with a 25% point maximum on the LoW). But that was before LoW were a regular part of 40k games as well.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
On that they also mention that 30k Vs. 40k may not necessarily be balanced against each other as they were intended to be entirely separate games.. If I recall correctly anyway..

Basically you might have to do some testing and modifying of rules and such to get everything balanced properly.
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
The also mention you should double the size of troops. For Instance, DE Wyches should be 5-20 etc. To better reflect the volume of troops used in those times. Tbh, I find 40K > 30K. There is just soo much more AP3/2 in 40K compared to 30K that it's easy to bypass a lot of armour etc. Just play some games and give it a try.