Author Topic: Impact of 30k in 40k.  (Read 1241 times)

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Impact of 30k in 40k.
« on: October 22, 2014, 11:24:43 PM »
I was recently informed that 30k has had a bigger impact than 1/3rd of the official gw codexes on 40 k. I don't believe it, personally, but I do admit there is a chance I am incorrect, so I have come to sek your counsel. Has 30k had a significant impact on 40k? Are tournaments allowing 30k armies now? Give me your thoughts.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
Re: Impact of 30k in 40k.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 01:55:47 AM »
I haven't heard of a single tournament hosting a mix of 30K and 40K. I don't think it would work. 30K is very balanced for 30K. When you add 40K it becomes unbalanced. There is so much AP2/3 in 40K that the scales tip very quickly. In 30K there is not many AP2/3, and any that are there a quite expensive.

Friendly games can be very fun. Especially if you make it narrative, Crusade game. Space Marines vs Orks/Eldar/Dark Eldar etc Necrons, Tat and Tyranids are not in the 30k Universe

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Re: Impact of 30k in 40k.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 04:15:56 AM »
Well, define "impact".

If you mean fluff-wise, the answer would be certainly yes. Codex of every army contains history of it - and there's always some story which took part during Horus Heresy.

If you mean rules-wise, the answer is certainly not. Forge World rules are now widely accepted, more than 2 years ago (and still, some tournaments do not allow them). But 30k is not just "another rule from FW", it's totally different system, a system of marines vs marines action.
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.