Author Topic: kill team  (Read 966 times)

Offline Cognis Cowboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
kill team
« on: November 18, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »
With the realese of The Horus Heresy Betrayal at Calth box set I started thinking... What if I tried to play a narrative focused kill team system. I came across white dwarf issue 300 a few years back and lost it in a move.
I still remember the section on kill teams and the 3 part campaigns. Does anyone think kill team 30k is viable option?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: kill team
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 09:09:10 PM »
Don't see why not? It's mostly marines on marines though. On average each kill team won't be more than 10-12 guys.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: kill team
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 04:58:40 AM »
As Harry said, it would be very samey each battle. Using legion benifits would be mandatory in order to get some variety. Expect imperial fists to dominate.

Maybe 30-40% of your kill team could be legion specific models ie Mor Deythans, Templar Breathern, Phalanx Warders, Loctorus Storm, Dark Fury, Ashen Circle, Pyroclasts etc.

I'd be down for kill teams. I made a whole bunch of 300pt lists, one/two for each legion out of a modified allied detachment. One HQ, one Troop. Standard unit sizes were used. Used Delegatus centurions to get rites. Also ignored support squad and the you must take an additional ___ rules for the rites. Just made them so that people could see what each legion does.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game