Author Topic: Are the Fallen models in mark 4 armor?  (Read 762 times)

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Are the Fallen models in mark 4 armor?
« on: July 29, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »
Hello all of my former brothers, yes, yes, a Dark Angel player posting on the chaos part of the forum, oh the irony I can hear you all crying out. However I have come to you all asking a question about conversions.

When gw first come out with the fallen box, there was an image of them in mark 4 armor and wearing the iconic dark angel robes. Now on the website it only shows a box of company veterans painted black instead of green.

So can someone tell me if they are in mark 4 armor or are they just company veterans painted up in black? I wanted to get into 30k and if they are in mark 4 armor with the robes, they would make excellent legion veterans for a dark angels legion. 

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Fallen models in mark 4 armor?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »
Alright I to confirm my own suspicion I went back onto games workshop website and looked at everything they had on fallen. I searched fallen in the search bar and this popped up:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Fallen-Champions

Some marines are clearly in heresy era power armor with others in more modern armor and the same is said for their weapons. So if any of you have bought a box of fallen, what sprues are in the box?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:29:00 AM by Nightwing7x »

Online ANevskyUSA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 10:34:09 AM »
I think you get one MKIV helmet in the the Tactical Squad box along with one bumpy shoulder pad; I suspect that the heresy armour you see is just that.  However, you could try to kit bash a squad using parts from the Dark Angels Veterans box and the MKIV HH/40k Space Marine squad box.

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 11:58:54 AM »
When I was going to do a unit of Fallen for Cypher, I was just going to use the DA veterans set. Unless you are being very specific about them being in the old style armour I don't think it really matters. They would replace elements lost in battle and I could see them in a mish-mash of different bits.
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/