Author Topic: 8th Edition Chaos Wombo Combos and Synergy  (Read 1742 times)

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
8th Edition Chaos Wombo Combos and Synergy
« on: August 16, 2017, 04:57:31 AM »
I thought to open this topic for us Chaos worshipers to share some ideas of cool things that the new edition and codex allows us to do with our armies. So if people have some awesome chaotic goodness to share, I would like to know.

As for my 2 cents: The first time I got the chaos index I took a look of the psychic powers and more accurately the "warp time" power and I got this idea. So you take a Terminator Sorcerer and 10 Warp Talons and "deep strike" them more than 9" away of some problematic enemy infantry unit. Cast Warp Time on the Talons, move them right next to the enemy and you've got your self a free charge with no fear from overwatch due to the "Warp Flame Strike" ability of the Talons... Pretty neat I think, but what do you guys think and have you found anything as ridiculous?
For the Dark Gods!

Offline Cognis Cowboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 8th Edition Chaos Wombo Combos and Synergy
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »
Warp time is great!

Here is a list I'm working on:
5x Chaos Fury for summoning.
Night Lords

2x Chaos Lord with Jump Pack
2x Plasma pistol

Chaos Lord with Jump Pack, Artifact-Claws of the Black Hunt, 2x Lightning Claw,

3x 10 Chaos Cultists

**Raptors** Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle
. Raptor Champion: 2x bolt pistol
. 2x Raptor w/Flamer

**Raptors ** Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle
. Raptor Champion: Combi-melta
. 2x Raptor w/Meltagun

**Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought Havoc launcher
. Left Arm: Butcher cannon
. Right Arm: Twin heavy bolter

The raptors can -5 ld
The butcher Cannon -2 ld
and the choas furies have a 12 inch bubble that causes a mortal wound for failing moral.
I want to add Be'lakor to this list at higher points levels. The choas Lord's with X2 plasma pistols can reroll 1s and shoot in combat fly out so warp time would be great

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:33:25 AM »
That sounds interesting. I never were much of a Night Lords player my self (but still own 20 Warp Talons for some reason). Maybe I should give them a try.

Chaos Lords are awesome in this new edition. I am now converting a normal Terminator Lord to become the leader of my Death Guard army. I gave him the Puscleaver (Nurgle model only. Replaces the power sword.) wich wounds on a 2+ exept for vehicles. So that will make him to hit on a 2+ and wounding on a 2+, AP -2 and D3 dmg. And then giving him a Combi-Plasma to shoot with. I can't wait to test him out!
For the Dark Gods!

Online Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 05:21:52 AM »
I've been running Iron Warriors (to no one's surprise).

Terminator Sorcerer with warptime, infernal gaze and combi plasma

Terminator Lord, currently with lightning claws but going to swap for the Black Mace and more combi plasma

5 terminators with combi meltas, a heavy flamer and powerfists

You teleport in, warptime the terminators in close for that half range buff, open fire ignoring cover and rerolling 1s for the lord's buff with all your delicious combis and finally charge the terminators into whatever is left.

Considering adding obliterators to that lot as well.
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 07:00:43 AM »
I feel like warp time is the mvp in these combos. And rightfully so. I wonder, does the loyalist scum have an simular ability?

Funny thing with Fly units: you have 2 bloat drones and alternate charges with them. You pick an unit that you would like to charge... first you shoot both your drones into sead unit and then charge with only one of them... next turn you fall back, shoot both drones and charge with the other one this time. Keep going until you've wiped the unit out. And if the opponent wants to do someting they will have to bring some units to help. Otherwise the charged unit will stay locked unless it can Fly also.
For the Dark Gods!

Offline tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 04:22:49 AM »
Im going to try something like this next game I play it has a lot of different components I have tried separately but I want to try all these units together when I finally get to buy the new codex. From what I ve heard black legion can use rapid first weapons as assault weapons. I can see some shinanigans with the nurgle power that gives -1 to hit and these bikes. Being rapid fire 2 means they alread do great shooting but also having the option to move and advance a full 6 inches because of bike rule then still shoot could be really hepful. I know they cant charge if they advance but maybe that extra move will be worth it. I could see myself moving from the edge of the table to the middle putting down a turn of shooting inbetween. Idk if this is what im going to stick with but I think it might work well atm only weakness I think is the demon princes with how many people play grey knights or have some grey knights in my area this could be the weak link.

Black Legion

Abbadon

Warpsmith

X2 5 Chaos space marines plasm pistol champ, Autocannon in each unit. Both these units ride in a single rhino

30 Cultists

Hellbrute- Lascannon X3

X2 8 Bikes , x2 plasma guns, Champ with Plasma Pistol

Preditor- Autocannon, x2 lascannons

Helldrake

x2  5 Havocs  4 auto cannons

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:21:49 PM by tomjashroom »

Offline Col. Dracus

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Blog "Dracus Journal"
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 12:38:59 AM »
MoS Oblits look like they can be good with the Endless Cacophony stratagem. Shoot twice in a turn for 2cp.
Also looking at a Khorne Lord on Bike with ToBB and AoBF
Playing 40k since 2000

Check out my Youtube Channel at
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dracus40k

Blog
http://dracusjournal.blogspot.com/