Author Topic: Ork moral  (Read 913 times)

Offline Cognis Cowboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Ork moral
« on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:56 PM »
So I'm bringing Night Lord's to a tournament. I need help figuring out how to deal with 30 Ork boyz X3 and the way moral works.
I can -7 leadership  with my list and kill 1 extra with summoned chaos furies. I also have raptors with flamers  and melta

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
Re: Ork moral
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 05:28:24 AM »
You could try to fit some Warp Talons to your list. They might be costly but they beat the living crap out of ork boys in close combat and if you bring them via "deep strike" your opponent can't fire overwatch. Other than that I'll recommend burning them with fire... lots and lots of fire... but you shouldn't rely souly on the "fear" aspect against ork hordes.
For the Dark Gods!

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 03:15:38 PM »
Yeah, it isn't the best idea to use morale against Orks, because their mob rule special rule allows them to use the number of models remaining in the unit as their leadership, or use their regular leadership, or use the leadership of any Ork unit within six inches.

To have any chance of them running away, you would have to kill a lot of Orks.
WAAAGH!

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 03:21:24 PM »
Also, since most Orks only have a 6+ save, they die very quickly against any kind of S4 weapon, preferably large quantities of S4 shots, like flamers. In turn though, if you are close enough to use flamers, then you are probably in for a lovely treat of 3 close combat attacks per model, plus the boss nob who most likely has a big choppa or a power klaw. It would be best to deal with them about 24 inches away, because then you are in rapid fire range if you have bolters, plus you are too far away for the orks to charge.
WAAAGH!