Author Topic: Counting primaris as terminators for transports  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Kvekan

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Counting primaris as terminators for transports
« on: August 30, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
As the topic states in my meta we have now begun counting primaris marines as terminators for transport purposes, meaning they can go in for example a land raider or storm raven.

Surprisingly the one who suggested it is an eldar player (kudos for sportsmanship!) but it has only been met with positivity so far.

The rule preventing primaris from going in the old vehicles is a blatant money grab and I've not been able to find any previous case as silly is this so I'm all for it. It neither makes sense from a rules, size or lore perspective in my view.

What I'm really  wondering is what the rest of the community thinks of the house rule?

I'm also kind of curious about why there hasn't been more complaints about the primaris transport issue, thoughts? I'm sure GW would change the rule if they get enough stick for it.
"For those we cherish, we die in glory" ...And we die a lot.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Counting primaris as terminators for transports
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 11:50:56 AM »
I wouldn't push to have it implemented for my Primaris, but I like my regular dudes in a Land Raider Godhammer and genuinely like the Repulsor way more than a Crusader in terms of firepower.  For now, my Primaris section is small enough and built to be simply basic footsloggers, screening what matters and hanging out on Objectives otherwise.  Gulliman is going to be their primary support, so I'm not in any rush to shove them in metal boxes that he can't join them in anyway.  it might be because I didn't spend much money on my Space Marines army compared to others or because I routinely start new armies on a whim, but I don't mind the money grab.  I'm used to buying new stuff for new playstyles.

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
Re: Counting primaris as terminators for transports
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 08:48:54 AM »
Even tough I have nothing but hate for you loyalist scum and wish only Death To The False Emperor... I must say that for my perspective that house rule is fair. It doesn't take away from the Repulsor since it has better transport capasity and weaponry. And still gives you loyalist some cheap way to transport your primaris across the battlefield. And now that rhinos can be popped with everything it's not that big of an unbalance imo. Also when the rhino explodes your 2 wound models are still slain on 1s. So keep that in mind.
For the Dark Gods!