Author Topic: Fritz channel DELETED?!  (Read 4028 times)

Offline DukeUK

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Fritz DELETED his channel?!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
This is so outrageous it's pulled me out of lurk mode! Just off the top of my head is it possible Fritz made any passing remark or comparison to anything that could be considered offensive? For example talking about ww2 wargames and saying I play the SS because they're good or the good guys, I know he quips about playing the empire in star wars games as playing the good guys? Just a stab in the dark

Offline Leviathan_25

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 03:58:22 AM »
I listened to your channel every week. I hope you can get it back. :(

Offline Smee

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 07:05:59 AM »
This is so outrageous it's pulled me out of lurk mode!....

Same  ;D

Offline nusphigor

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »
This is so outrageous it's pulled me out of lurk mode! Just off the top of my head is it possible Fritz made any passing remark or comparison to anything that could be considered offensive? For example talking about ww2 wargames and saying I play the SS because they're good or the good guys, I know he quips about playing the empire in star wars games as playing the good guys? Just a stab in the dark

could it be becase of this very reason? (ww2 stuff is always a very touchy subject for some)

i hope things get solved soon. i miss my fritz 40k daily dose XD

Offline Blizz

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 05:55:18 PM »
It Was saying that the channel was closed when you went there; now it says it doesn't exist...

I got some choice words I could use about my feelings towards YT (and not just because of Fritz; this is just the latest), but I'll behave since I'm new here...

Offline thamier

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Fritz channel DELETED?!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 03:45:35 PM »
time to send youtube some friendly mails?

press@youtube.com

Offline CadianGate

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 03:29:46 PM »
Fritz made use of images in his videos that he didnt hold the copyright / ownership of.

Once the youtube bots picked it up they gave him multiple ToS strikes against his account and closed it automatically.

Fritz, open your channel elsewhere and follow a podcast format where you dont need images.

The imperial guard stand with you!  8)

Offline weboflies

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Keepers of the Relics of Ultramar
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 06:12:34 AM »
I wonder if it's a coincidence that this happened within days, or maybe even just a matter of hours of tons of Pop Goes the Monkey's stuff getting taken down off Shapeways. Perhaps GW's legal team is trying to make their presence felt out there? I kinda have to wonder if some of the unit review videos that have been going through codex entries in detail caught their attention?

Regardless, it sucks. The channel was such a great resource for so many different corners of the gaming community. This is a real loss. I can't imagine how it must feel for Fritz to have lost all that work, and to hear the blog is gone too is extremely disheartening. If there was any issue Google and/or GW were concerned about, I can't believe that they wouldn't at least give Fritz a chance to adress it, and remove any offending material.

I think I'm going to make a real effort to use youtube as little as possible after this.

Maybe it's time to get on Twitch? Whatever the next step is I look forward to checking it out!

Offline Blizz

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »
Fritz made use of images in his videos that he didnt hold the copyright / ownership of.

Once the youtube bots picked it up they gave him multiple ToS strikes against his account and closed it automatically.

And you know this how?

Offline will

• Supporter
  • Initiate
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 07:14:03 PM »
Hang in there Fritz, is there someone that we can talk to about this. also, how can we show our support for his channel..?

Offline Covenantkilla

• Battle Brother
  • "The dark path leads only to an empty wallet"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 08:31:06 PM »

That seems like a logical explanation. But why delete the whole channel?! Even if this was the reason, which just seems to be speculation, it would be a dramatic over reaction on YouTube's end. This NEEDS to be reviewed by a human at YouTube.

Offline MFive

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »
Lurker here, Fritz, I found the dispute forum that google has for deleted/suspended youtube channels.

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/suspended?p=youtube&visit_id=1-636409529176875623-189044960&hl=en&rd=1

This should get a human to review what happened, and get in touch with you. What happened sounds like a bot made a mistake.

Other ideas can be found at https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/fcIHszsPDoU.

Let me know if you have tried this, I will keep looking to see what to do.

Best of luck,

EDIT: If you want your account back, haste is important, Google does not keep this information around forever.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:36:44 PM by MFive »

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 02:16:05 AM »
 I dont know of this will help or not. There is a youtuber called KinfOfLightning , he reviews mangas and anime. Hes channel was closed down without any warning as well, for showing pictured that he dident own. But he got the channel back by talking to youtube persons.
 Maybe you have a chance to contact him and ask what to do and here to write?