Author Topic: Got stomped today!  (Read 659 times)

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Got stomped today!
« on: October 14, 2017, 06:14:42 AM »
Simple..

I had celestine, 3 troops with immolators, 2 dominions with repressors, 2 seraphim squads, 3 retributer squads with 2 imagifiers.

vs...

12 AM tanks...

5 lemus russes, 1 manticore, 2 basilisks, 3 hellhounds and something else... open terrain = DEAD.

I conceded turn 2.. only halfway through his shooting.

He had 12 tanks (Toughness 8, 60 wounds) new AM codex with catachan rules (twice the number of shots if a lemus Russ goes less then half movement)

So it was like fighting vs 12 of the mothers....

What was GW thinking... AM didnt even need an upgrade... OW

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
Re: Got stomped today!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:57:37 AM »
By sounds of it you needed more terrain on that table. A decent amount of blocking terrain will help and reduce the effectiveness of that rule.
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Got stomped today!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:49:33 PM »
Maybe go super heavy on rhinos and just throw enough meltas across the table as fast as possible. Maybe dropping retributers and imagifers, as well as even saint Celestine for a Cannoness for the rerolls.

You can put two battle sister squads  in one rhino with 3 melta guns each for 6 per rhino.

Seraphim might be ok if deep strike in right about the time your rhinos would reach the tanks to kind of. But they still won't beable to shoot for a turn which kind of sucks, so maybe drop them for more battle sisters in rhinos. Maybe go for immolators instead but they are a bit more pricey than rhinos by a bit and could lose out on a bit of melta critical mass.