Author Topic: Chaos Relics question  (Read 494 times)

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
Chaos Relics question
« on: November 01, 2017, 05:55:55 AM »
So I own the CSM codex and I also own the Death Guard codex and there’s one thing thats been buging me about the relics that the chaos characters may take. The DG book states that if you have an Death Guard character you may give that character one relic from that book. And CSM book states the same but for Heretic Astartes character. So does that mean that if I have an Heretic Astartes Death Guard character that I can give that character one relic from each of the books?
For the Dark Gods!

Offline DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Relics question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:13:17 AM »
No.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 06:51:22 AM »
Can you shed some light on why that is? Like is there a rule or FAQ where this is stated?
For the Dark Gods!

Offline DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 10:07:06 AM »
Actually, the simplest way to demonstrate why this isn't possible is to look at the conditionals for giving a <Death Guard> or <Chaos Space Marine> Relic. You are required to have a <Death Guard> Warlord to take <Death Guard> Relics, and are required to have a <Chaos Space Marine> Warlord to take <Chaos Space Marine> Relics. Since you can only ever have one Warlord, you cannot take Relics from both books, let alone being able to give them both to the same Character.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi