Author Topic: NEW FAQ & YNNARI NERF  (Read 659 times)

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
NEW FAQ & YNNARI NERF
« on: November 16, 2017, 03:04:25 PM »
Links:

Craftworlds FaQ:
https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/warhammer_40000_craftworlds_en-1-1.pdf

Ynnari Nerf (top left of second page; references p. 76 in the Index):
https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/warhammer_40000_index_xenos_1_en-1.pdf

Designer's Commentary Index/Codex Unit Mixing Flowchart (last page):
https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/warhammer_40000_designers_commentary_en-1.pdf

Enjoy.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: NEW FAQ & YNNARI NERF
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:14:59 PM »
Wow ynarri just got nerfed bigtime!

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:47 PM »
That's an extremely big nerf to the point Ynnari lost its flavour. I don't expect much players to be playing Ynnari now. At least CW Aeldari is far more playable compared to the past (despite their Battlefocus being nonsense).

Online Odras

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 01:03:32 AM »
While I haven't had a chance to test these changes, from a lot of experience playing Ynnari since they were released this change completely decimates their chances of playing as a competitive army. From what was said on the community site, it looks like the reason for this change was the Ynnari were too good compared to the other Eldar factions, however with what they have done there is still no choice, the decision is still as much of a no brainer as it was before the result is just different. Why take Ynnari now, and if you do why take any more than a single small detachment with only a couple of units?

My hope is that they have advanced knowledge of something in chapter approved / Ynnari codex that allows this change to make some more sense. The really annoying part is that we have to wait till that is released and worry that it might not even make it better.

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 01:54:03 AM »
While I haven't had a chance to test these changes, from a lot of experience playing Ynnari since they were released this change completely decimates their chances of playing as a competitive army. From what was said on the community site, it looks like the reason for this change was the Ynnari were too good compared to the other Eldar factions, however with what they have done there is still no choice, the decision is still as much of a no brainer as it was before the result is just different. Why take Ynnari now, and if you do why take any more than a single small detachment with only a couple of units?

My hope is that they have advanced knowledge of something in chapter approved / Ynnari codex that allows this change to make some more sense. The really annoying part is that we have to wait till that is released and worry that it might not even make it better.

IT'S IMPERIAL PROPAGANDA I TELL YOU!!! Then again, despite the massive nerf, they'll still cry Eldar cheese nonetheless!

Offline Turnip Jedi

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 05:06:01 AM »
That's a tad pants, so Ynnari are basically going to be a small detachment of Yvaine, WotP target unit (Reapers, Wraiths etc) and filler, hopefully we'll see some kind of bloodpoints/tally etc down the line

Offline Rob40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »
still worth taking a Ynnari detachment.

finished 2nd at a tournament using the new faq (talk about a last minute change!!)

In the end I didn't change lists, just dropped the Ynnari in one detachment.

It's still useful to some degree, a nice 10man unit of Dark Reapers benefit from Ynnari powers from Yvraine.