Author Topic: 2000 Point Baneblade List  (Read 510 times)

Offline sindri_tepek

• Initiate
    • View Profile
2000 Point Baneblade List
« on: November 24, 2017, 10:41:27 AM »
So I've been wanting to field my baneblades for a while now as I love the models but I'm not sure if the list I've constructed so far is a viable one. I have spent the time to magnetize every one of the models so that I can field any non-FW variant because $30 in magnets and some extra time IMO is well worth spending instead of the $150US+ per baneblade kit. Anyway, here is the list I've come up with and would enjoy any feedback you all can provide:

Super Heavy Detachment (Cadian)

Lord of War
Banehammer: (Tremor Cannon; Twin heavy bolter; 2x Lascannons; 2x Twin heavy bolters) 472pts
Shadowsword: (Volcano Cannon; Twin heavy bolter; 2x Lascannons; 2x Twin heavy bolters) 472pts
Stormlord: (Vulcan Mega-bolter; 2x Heavy stubber; Twin heavy bolter; Pintle storm bolter;
2x Lascannons; 2x Twin heavy bolters) 522pts

Spearhead Detachment (Cadian)

HQ
Company commander: Chainsword, Las-pistol; Kurov's Aquila relic 30pts
Lord Castellan Creed: 2x Hot-shot laspistols; Power Sword 70pts

Elite
Astropath: Las-pistol (Psychic Barrier) 15pts

Heavy Support
Heavy weapons squad: 3x Mortars 33pts
Heavy weapons squad: 3x Lascannons 78pts

Supreme Command Detachment (Cadian)

HQ
Company commander: Chainsword; las-pistol; Relic of Lost Cadia 30pts
Company commander: Chainsword; Las-pistol 30pts
Company commander: Chainsword; Las-pistol 30pts
Tech-priest enginseer (Mars): Omnissian axe; servo arm 52 pts
Tech-priest enginseer (Mars): Omnissian axe; servo arm 52 pts

Elites
Astropath: Laspistol; (Nightshroud) 15pts

With the Banehammer and Storlard both offering transport capacity, I was planning on filling them with all the infantry units as they can still shoot from the firing decks. One enginseer would also embark upon these to provide repairs each turn. Certainly there are not a lot of units, but none of the baneblades can be tied up in combat due to the "Steel Behemoth" rule, and between the three of them and their passengers there seems to be a versatile mix of high-yield weaponry, as well as sheer target saturation. Overall the list hits 2000 points on the nose, at a 111PL with 10CP as Creed will be the warlord, providing the list with 2 bonus CP. Now I will have to sacrifice one of those CP to provide the additional relic, but I believe that will be a fair exchange, especially if I can roll hot with the Aquila relic and bring back some CP over the course of the game.

I would like to know what everyone thinks; total garbage, neck-beardy, balanced, whatever it is I'm completely open to your ideas.

Thanks again,
Sindri

Offline Celerior

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 Point Baneblade List
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 09:53:09 PM »
Since half of the hevy weapons are inside the baneblades, I'm wondering what real benefit Creed and all those officers provide. Creed is 40 points for 2 command points. You have more order givers than you need. You could free up about 100 points pretty easily, IMO.

My first set of concerns for your list were playing the mission, hitting ravenguard/alaitoc/rangers/flyers, and scion style blitzes.

Your relic of cadia combined with mortars is almost a decent answer to the hard to hit issues, but imagine you're facing an army with ravenguard devastators (I've found them to be money), and those devastators are hiding in terrain out of line of sight. With all your rerolls, their -1 to be hit and their 2+ saves are going to make it hard to make a dent. Even worse, suppose your opponent has a transport out of sight. You're going to have to move out.

My opinion is that every competitive army these days should darn well have something with BS 3+ for hitting flyers. And especially vehicles, which deal with degradation charts.