Author Topic: another 2000pt Death Guard list  (Read 1017 times)

Offline minavonlustern

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
another 2000pt Death Guard list
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »
so, I've fine-tuned and play-tested the list from my previous post

death guard auxiliary super-heavy detachment
mortarion - warlord - miasma, curse ot leper, blades of putrefaction

death guard outrider detachment
sorcerer on palanquin - forcesword & combi-plasma, pandemic staff - warptime, prescience

bloat-drone - 2x plaguespitters

plagueburst crawler - 2x entropic cannon, heavy slugger
plagueburst crawler - 2x entropic cannon, heavy slugger

daemons battalion detachment
daemon prince w/ wings - daemonic axe & talons, warp bolter - fleshy abundance
epidemius

3x nurglings
3x nurglings
3x nurglings

so, as everything is a nurgle daemon then everything this army kills adds to epidemius' tally. depending on opponent and mission, the nurglings and heavy units will deploy to cover as much ground as possible to prevent deep strike and take objectives. the daemon princes and drones will move up and engage with covering fire from the crawlers. if necessary the sorcerer will leap morty ahead with warptime, whilst casting prescience on the heavy units.

any thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:15:14 PM by minavonlustern »

Online Akaiyou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: another 2000pt Death Guard list
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »
This is a very solid army I like it for the most part except for the Defiler, can't say I'm a big fan of them in 8th. I feel like you drop it add another crawler and then with the left over points add something else that may be of good use.

I recently got my hands on a 3rd bloat drone to run along side Mortarion and I can't wait. In my many other games Morty and 2 drones has been an all-star vanguard while the rest of the army catches up. I feel your list will do even better considering you got support from the crawlers blasting away.

If you drop the defiler you could add a herald of nurgle to heal Mortarion with fleshy abundance.

Good list though I like it.

Offline minavonlustern

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 10:35:02 AM »
there's only like 30ish points between a crawler and the defiler. that's why it's in the list, and i'm using the glotkin as a nurgle defiler. so, it looks cool.

Offline minavonlustern

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:21:02 PM »
i've altered the list upon certain realisations - due to faction keywords i can only give relics to characters in pure death guard detachments, and to gain the new locus abilities the daemon detachment must be pure daemon faction. so i've dropped the defiler and added a 4th bloat-drone, made the death guard detachment outrider instead of spearhead, and made the daemon prince pure chaos daemons, so no relic [the sorcerer now has the relic that gives +1 to smite] but he does get access to fleshy abundance now and buffs the drones and morty with the locus of virulence [if the wording of the rules support this]