Author Topic: 1500 – Blood Angels  (Read 608 times)

Offline Blu Musketeer

• Initiate
    • View Profile
1500 – Blood Angels
« on: December 31, 2017, 09:25:52 AM »
Hey, all!

I bought the Blood Angels' codex for 8th Edition, and have been trying the new iterations of Sanguinius. For now, I've been mostly running Death Company oriented armies, but am looking to branch out with this list. Feedback will be appreciated.

BATTALION DETACHMENT (381 Points)

Index Sanguinary Priest
- Jump Pack
- Bolt Pistol
- Chainsword

Primaris Lieutenant
- Power Sword
- Bolt Pistol

Scout Squad
- Unit Size: 5
- Bolters
- Bolt Pistols

Scout Squad
- Bolters
- Bolt Pistols

Scout Squad
- Bolters
- Bolt Pistols

Scout Squad
- Bolters
- Bolt Pistols

VANGUARD DETACHMENT (606 Points)

The Sanguinor
- Angel's Wing (Relic Jump Pack that allows the model to re-roll charge distances, and negate enemy overwatch.)
- Encarmine Broadsword

Sanguinary Guard
- Jump Packs
- Encarmine Swords
- Angelus Boltguns

Sanguinary Guard
- Unit Size: 4
- Jump Packs
- Power Fists
- Plasma Pistols

Sanguinary Ancient
- Power Fist
- Plasma Pistol
- Death Mask
- Standard of Sacrifice (Relic Chapter Banner that grants a 5+ Invulnerable to nearby non-Death Company Blood Angels.)

VANGUARD DETACHMENT (513 Points)

Primaris Captain
- Master-Crafted Auto Bolt Rifle
- Bolt Pistol
- Power Sword
- Veritas Vitae (Relic that refunds spent Command Points on a 5+)

Aggressor Squad
- Unit Size: 3
- Flamestorm Gauntlets

Aggressor Squad
- Unit Size: 3
- Flamestorm Gauntlets

Redemptor Dreadnought
- Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon
- Redemptor Fist with Onslaught Gatling Cannon
- Fragstorm Grenade Launchers

Total Points: 1500, Total Command Points: 8, Total Models: 41

I'm imagining three groups in here.

First Group
- Composition: All four scout squads.
- Roles: Start the fight on the enemy's side of the table, utilising 'Concealed Positions' to all but guarantee first-turn charges. Tie up opponent's frontline guns. Take, and hold objectives.

Second Group
- Composition: The Sanguinor, Sanguinary Priest, Sanguinary Ancient, & Sanguinary Guard
- Roles: Find the biggest, baddest unit in my opponent's army, and charge it. Destroy monsters, and vehicles. Slay the warlord.

Third Group
- Composition: Primaris Captain, Primaris Lieutenant, Primaris Aggressors, and Redemptor Dreadnought
- Roles: Anti-infantry. Walk in a group up the board as a mobile firebase. Have an outer layer of aggressors as a wall against assault units; a middle layer of the captain, and lieutenant to provide buffs and a counter-assault unit; and the inner layer of the dreadnought, where the majority of the ranged fire will come from.

General Strategy
- Immediately burn 3 command points for the two extra relics, and hope I get at least one back from the Veritas Vitae.
- Infiltrate First Group as far up the board as possible.
- Place Second Group in reserve for deep strike, or out of opponent's line of sight.
- Place Third Group on the front edge of my deployment zone.
- Prepare to spend remainder of command points on ensuring Second Group makes it into assault, with 'Descent of Angels', or 'Upon Wings of Fire'.

That's pretty much everything I could think of right now. Again, feedback is welcome, and I hope to hear from people soon. Happy new year!