Author Topic: Here Come the Golden Bananas!!  (Read 696 times)

Offline sindri_tepek

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Here Come the Golden Bananas!!
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:53:18 AM »
Is anyone else excited about the upcoming Custodes codex? I'm not certain how they may fare in the current 40K setting but nearly all the models look fantastic, so at the very least they will probably wind up being a passion project. My hopes are high that the new codex might be able to do justice to the "Best of the Best", but not going overboard on codex creep while also having at least some semblance of viability.

Any thoughts on the upcoming banana-rama?

Offline PepeTykki

• Battle Brother
  • Sanity is for the weak!
    • View Profile
Re: Here Come the Golden Bananas!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:39:51 AM »
I think that the timing of this release is wrong. GW should have released this codex at the very last imo. There are lots and lots of Xenos players who are really in need of a codex. And based on some leaks/rumors they might not get them until well into spring. I don't think that there are that many ppl willing to invest in a "new faction". The Imperium players have their hands full with the new primaris stuff as we as the Astra Militarum, Chaos players gonna get Daemons as their next release and the Xenos players won't invest into this cuz they'll wait for their codexies. So the only ppl out for new armies are ppl who are new to the hobby and wanna start from the "golden nuggets" or ppl who already got their codex and now wan't a second army... I might be wrong and there might be a lot of ppl with loads of cash floating around but the way in which GW has been releasing new stuff, I just can't help but to think that the time is wrong for the Golden McDankMarines.

Other than that: the models look amazing and I bet they'll kick some serious butt on the battlefield. I would absolutely want to collect them and make an army out of them... but as it stands, I still got some Death Guard to buy and after that there will be the Daemons codex (if I even want that). So no Custodes for me. At least for now.
For the Dark Gods!