Author Topic: List i'm taking tomorrow  (Read 2675 times)

Leftovers44, Draco765 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
List i'm taking tomorrow
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:18:26 AM »
I thought id post my list that im taking tomorrow.

Battalion
----------
HQ
---
Canonness - with power sword + blade of admonition and storm bolter
Celestine + 2 gemini

Troops
-------
Battle Sister Squad - Heavy Bolter + 2 Storm bolters

Elites
------
Imagifier

Fast Attack
------------
Dominion Squad - 5 meltas
Dominion Squad - 5 meltas
Seraphim Squad - Plasma pistol + 2 Inferno pistols

Heavy Support
-----------------
Retributer - Storm Bolter + 4 heavy bolters

Dedicated Transport
-----------------------
Repressor with 2 storm bolters
Repressor with 2 storm bolters

Spearhead Detachment
---------------------------
Cannoness - with chainsword and stormbolter

Elites
------
Imagifier
Imagifier

Heavy Support
-----------------
Exorcist with storm bolter

Notes:
I agonised over this list swapping in everything from grey knights, assassins and even inquisition... but in the end settled on this. Its my usual...

Back field
-------------
4 x Retributer squads with heavy bolters with 3 imagifers and 3 exorcists are the long range fire support. With each retributer squad able to pump out upto 24 shots with reroll 1's on a good turn (im actually happy to sacrifice my army AOF, if the situation calls for it (e.g. fighting an ork horde). If I roll well, its actually possible to get 96 Str 5, 1-, Dmg 1 Heavy bolter shots all rerolling 1's - YES PLEASE!

This is in addition to the 3 sister squads with another heavy bolter in each.

The 3 Exorcists are another link, all rerolling 1's due to the second cannoness targetting the obvious threats. You get luck with them. Should on average get 9 - 12 shots a turn with them.

Front field
------------
This in the 2 repressors with dominion squads with the Seraphim squad and Celestine all attacking the same part of the line, depending on needs. If im the one being assaulted, they will be a fast reactionary force to deal with the incomming.

thoughts?

I'll let you know how I go.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:38:57 AM by mcphro »

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: List i'm taking tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:04:40 PM »
Ive decided to drop one retributer squad and imagifier and add a forth exorsist. I feel i need more to deal with vehicles in my meta.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: List i'm taking tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 02:21:17 PM »
Seems like a pretty solid all around list, I am a little personally unsure about the effectiveness of exorcists on the table  but I haven't used them myself.

At worse you maybe have to few Imagifiers and could possibly get one back into the list by dropping the Blade of Admonition and the inferno pistols.

Dominions scouting up with meltas might not be super effective if they have masses of infantry without wounds spilling over from their D6 Damage. But you can just not scout them into danger close horde lines and just try and trade across the table with heavy bolter and storm bolter combined fire to soften them up.

Something kind of goes for the Seraphim almost, mostly because of the short range of their bolt pistols leaving them in counter charge/charge range of most things to be effective. This can be mitigated by deepstriking them in the right spot or just moving them the right way to get a good first shooting in before your heavy bolters light up the rest of the horde.

Besides that I don't see to many major changes that need to be made to your list.