Author Topic: New to Chaos  (Read 2660 times)

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: New to Chaos
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 10:27:50 PM »
Here is the list I built with/for my son's chaos army. It's not SUPER competitive (and I'll tell you why after). I have ideas for a super competitive list too (Hint: It's Nurgle and there are Bikes).

Noise Marines (it goes something like this):

HQ
Chaos Lord, Bike, Mark of Slaanesh, Burning Brand, couple other things

Troops
10 Noise Marines, 2 Blastmasters

Fast Attack
Hell Drake

Heavy Support
2 Obliterators Mark of Nurgle
1 Obliterator Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Vindicator

Fortification
Defense Line
Quad Gun

It's not super competitive because the 10 man squads are huge point sinks without much of an upside, because it doesn't have 2 Hell Drakes, because it doesn't have bikes, because it's not Nurgle, and because it doesn't have Daemon allies.

So...

Nurgley List (don't own models for this, have never calculated points, but I HAVE played against the following nurgle list in a tournament and got rolled over). For the sake of completeness, that was pre-new-eldar-codex.

HQ
Chaos Lord, bike, Mark of Nurgle, Power Fist, Power Claw (maybe some other stuff)

Troops
6 or 8 (can't remember) man Nurgle squad, 2 plasma guns, rhino
6 or 8 man Nurgle squad, 2 plasma guns, rhino
10 (or 20?) cultists

Fast Attack
7(?) nurgle bikes (TOUGHNESS 6 Y'ALL <----GRRRRRR), plasma? melta? something like that, aspiring champion has some toys
4 or 5 Spawn (marked? don't remember)

Heavy Support
1 nurgle obliterator
1 nurgle obliterator
1 nurgle obliterator

Fortification
Quad Gun
Defense Line

A different way to go is to ally in daemons and get some plague bearers, some kind of bad ass HQ, and take a bunch of hell turkeys.

First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline xDalee

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: New to Chaos
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 02:46:18 AM »
well you should defo split those blast master squads gives same amount of shooting and 3 more troop choices it is better in every way or take 4, 4 works really well 125 points each? frees up a lot of points, the lord does not fit in at all in anyway in that list, big squads of slaaneshy bikes are better then big squads of nurgle bikes if i remember the stuff correctly, T5 with FnP lasts longer then T6, defo need a flying prince with black mace, and a second hell turkey i would also drop one oblit and the quad gun, vector strikes work well at anti-air
Regards,

Dalee~