Author Topic: Wait, Beast Men were an army?  (Read 7746 times)

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
Wait, Beast Men were an army?
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:19 AM »
Hello all, we got fritz to make a new section :D . Anyway, Beastmen - They were there own army? I always thought that BM were a detachment of Imperial Guard, like Ogryns or Rattlings. Anyway, lets hope that this section is used :D
TEH BANEBLADZ, THERE EVERYWHERE!!!

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
  • In war there is poetry; in death, release.
    • View Profile
Re: Wait, Beast Men were an army?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:35:46 PM »
Hello all, we got fritz to make a new section :D . Anyway, Beastmen - They were there own army? I always thought that BM were a detachment of Imperial Guard, like Ogryns or Rattlings. Anyway, lets hope that this section is used :D
I don't know about beastmen but they used to have space Skaven and man-sharks so I wouldn't be surprised! ;D
Feel the rush of the wind against your skin and hear her keening cry in your ears. Listen to her call well, for are we not the Wild Riders, the children of the storm?

Offline Neojarlaxe

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
    • Campo de Batalla (Battlefield)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »
Beastman was part of the Chaos Army in second edition before the first codex was released.
In second edition there were a book summarizing all the armies before codexes were released.
At that time Chaos was only one army including marines, daemons, cultists and beastman. I have 10 Beastman from that period.
You are invited to my Blog and my YouTube Channel:
http://figurasvictorq.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/neojarlaxe

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 07:42:09 AM »
You see the problem with trying to pin down some of this stuff can be difficult seeing as there really aren't that many people who played the game then who still play the game now

Offline Auron2030

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 07:22:31 AM »
As I remember, there was a book that came with the 2nd edition box set called 'Codex Imperialis' that had mini-codices for all the different factions. I don't remember any extinct factions (except for Squats), but I do remember some cool units like Electro-Priests, Zoats, Genestealer Hybrids and Penal Legionnaires. I can't remember which factions they all belonged to though!

I'd love to see the beastmen though - any chance of a picture Neojarlaxe?

Offline Neojarlaxe

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
    • Campo de Batalla (Battlefield)
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:20:27 AM »
Nothing special on them, I was using the plastic Beastman from Fantasy. I also have the 4 great Daemons from that period, they look pretty small and a little beat ridiculous today.
You are invited to my Blog and my YouTube Channel:
http://figurasvictorq.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/neojarlaxe

Offline Dr_Nick

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »
Nothing special on them, I was using the plastic Beastman from Fantasy. I also have the 4 great Daemons from that period, they look pretty small and a little beat ridiculous today.

There was an official 40k beastman model, a sort of champion called a 'packmaster'.  It was listed in the 1986-1991 catalogue in the Imperial Guard section.  See this link (third row far left):

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2039impguard-01.htm

But I just checked my old copy of 'Codex Army Lists' from the second edition, and you're right that the beastmen were Chaos... They had human stats except 1 higher toughness, weapon skill and wounds.

Offline Akhorahil

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
  • Soldaten: Männer, die offene Rechnungen der Politi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »
Squats where an army ... Space Dwarves ^^
"Storytellers and writers are all gods and goddesses, to a one. Musicians are their host, painters their scribes, and actors their saints-- but all arts start with a story to tell..."
-Unknown

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 08:54:25 AM »

I know Squats were an army. From the looks of things they were fun :(

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »

Not really. Apparently the reason they've gone ''extinct'' is because the writers felt like they didn't do them justice and I couldn't agree more! They were meant to be tough crafty drunken warriors and instead they were turned into Harley riders. they were interesting but felt more like a hybrid that was out of place! :(
Feel the rush of the wind against your skin and hear her keening cry in your ears. Listen to her call well, for are we not the Wild Riders, the children of the storm?

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 03:36:36 AM »

Not really. Apparently the reason they've gone ''extinct'' is because the writers felt like they didn't do them justice and I couldn't agree more! They were meant to be tough crafty drunken warriors and instead they were turned into Harley riders. they were interesting but felt more like a hybrid that was out of place! :(

Well, is we kidnap Matt Ward we might get Squats back soooooo...

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 11:30:18 AM »

If we could kidnap him we could do anything! We could even make grey knights suck again! :P

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »

If we could kidnap him we could do anything! We could even make grey knights suck again! :P

Wait, suck AGAIN? So when where they fixed? Black Library?

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »

They used to be in the demon hunters codex, and apparently they SUCKED!

Offline MRmehman

• Battle Brother
  • DENY TEH WITCH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 11:18:01 AM »

They used to be in the demon hunters codex, and apparently they SUCKED!

Poor Grey Knights. If it wasn't for their broken rules, they would be worthless.