Author Topic: Give me the most competitive 1000 point list you can (no allies)  (Read 6994 times)

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
My thinking is that CSM are not competitive at all at 1000, particularly with a 'no allies' restriction.

I would be happy to be wrong. Please post your lists here.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline xDalee

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Give me the most competitive 1000 point list you can (no allies)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
Suprise! :P well... i would see the folowing list pretty competative for 1000 points, its just a case of wether you prefere nurgle or slaanesh! both are pretty competative in their own respects!

Chaos Space Marines (998/1000pt.)

@HQ [ 1 ]

Chaos Lord (155pt.) Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Power armour; Combi-melta; Close combat weapon; Mark of Slaanesh; Sigil of corruption; Aura of dark glory; Veterans of the Long War; Chaos bike;

@Troops [ 3 ]

5x - Noise Marines (125pt.)
> 1x - Noise Champion (27pt.); Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Mark of Slaanesh; Bolt pistol; Boltgun; Close combat weapon;
> 3x - Noise Marine (17pt.); Power armour; Bolt pistol; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Mark of Slaanesh; Boltgun;
> 1x - Noise Marine (47pt.); Power armour; Bolt pistol; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Mark of Slaanesh; Blastmaster;

> 1x - Noise Champion (27pt.); Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Mark of Slaanesh; Bolt pistol; Boltgun; Close combat weapon;
> 3x - Noise Marine (17pt.); Power armour; Bolt pistol; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Mark of Slaanesh; Boltgun;
> 1x - Noise Marine (47pt.); Power armour; Bolt pistol; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Mark of Slaanesh; Blastmaster;

@Fast attack [ 3 ]

Heldrake (170pt.) Daemonic posession; Baleflamer;

Heldrake (170pt.) Daemonic posession; Baleflamer;

4x - Chaos Bikers (128pt.)
> 1x - Chaos Biker Champion (42pt.); Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Chaos bike; Twin-linked boltgun; Mark of Slaanesh; Combi-melta; Bolt pistol;
> 2x - Chaos Biker (32pt.); Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Chaos bike; Bolt pistol; Mark of Slaanesh; Meltagun; Twin-linked boltgun;
> 1x - Chaos Biker (22pt.); Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Chaos bike; Bolt pistol; Mark of Slaanesh; Close combat weapon; Twin-linked boltgun;

Created by Head Quarters - online roster builder
Regards,

Dalee~

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 05:51:41 PM »
I don't have much time but heres a first draft. 1000 points is kinda a awkward point level for me I don't think I have ever played at that level. Ive played less, 500 and 750 character kill points games(You only get points for what your character kills)and like 1750-2000+ games. I also am over by 2 points I think.

HQ
-chaos lord (150pts)
   MoN, Bike, powerfist, sigil of corruption

Troops (215pts)
- 2X10 cultists w/autoguns
- 5 Chaos Marines
     Melta gun, combi-melta

Fast Attack (314pts)
-Helldrake
    Baleflamer
-4 nurgle spawn

Heavy support (323pts)
-Dakka Pred
   Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolters
-3 Nurgle Obliterators

"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 06:27:43 PM »
Thank you for your lists!

@Dalee: I actually have Noise Marines, so I can field most of your list. However, I only have the one Heldrake. What would you do with 170 points?

@Fallen: I can field everything in the list you posted except for the Dakka Pred. I DO have a Vindicator, but I hesitate to put only 1 vehicle on the table. Maybe a small, double-plasma Plague Marine squad instead?
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline xDalee

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 02:01:46 AM »
A helldrake ;) idk its up to you helldrake is the best thing though! :P
Regards,

Dalee~

Offline Fagerlund

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • 40K BatReps
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:28:32 AM »
@Fallen: I can field everything in the list you posted except for the Dakka Pred. I DO have a Vindicator, but I hesitate to put only 1 vehicle on the table. Maybe a small, double-plasma Plague Marine squad instead?
At 1000 points that is much less of a concern really. There won't be as much dedicated anti-tank opposing you, and even if it is you'll be happy if he shoots much at it sparing the rest of your army. Even getting just a single shot off with the Vindi will be devastating on that points level!
Check out my battle reports!
http://40kbatreps.blogspot.se/
Combined with some various hobby stuff from time to time.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 08:03:09 AM »
Thing is the Dakka Pred is only 95 pts the plague marines w/2 plasma would be 150 i think and the vindicator is 120. Both options I think would be good but I think for the points the vindicator would be better tho with the lord having MoN nurgle the plague marines would be scoring so both could work if you can find the points. To replace just the predator you could take some Havocs with 2 Auto Cannons 4 95 pts or if you can find 115 you could do Havocs with 4 Auto Cannons. But I would try to get a vehicle in cause IMO it will be like @Fagerlund said and there Probably won't be a ton of anti armour.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:06:12 AM by FalleN »
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"