Author Topic: Fabius Bile home-brewing  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Poxyquotl

• Initiate
  • Jack of all trades, master of none
    • View Profile
Fabius Bile home-brewing
« on: October 22, 2013, 12:06:03 AM »
Fabius Bile is one of my favorite characters, and in the current codex he's not bad, but not exactly great either. He's great as an allied detachment leader but because he can't buff the rest of the army he comes off very sub par in higher point games. So I thought I'd jazz him up a bit based on 3.5 and 6th edition rules.

150 Points
Fabius Bile's favorite experimental subject is himself. Before each game role a D6 to determine his profile
Role: 1 WS6 BS3 S5 T4 W3 I5 A4 Ld10 Sv 3+
Role: 2-5 WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I4 A3 Ld10 Sv 3+
Role: 6 WS3 BS6 S4 T5 W4 I3 A3 Ld10 Sv 3+

Wargear: frag & Krak grenades, Power Armor, The Xyclos Needler, The Chirurgeon, Rod of Torment

Xyclos Needler: R:18 S:1 AP:6 Type: Assault 3, (poisoned +2)

Rod of Torment: R:- S:User AP:- Type: Melee, Fleshbane, Instant Death

The Chirurgeon: This modified piece of apothecary gear is suffused with the forbidden power of Dark Age technology it grants Bile a 4+ Invulnerable save. He and any unit he is attached to his unit also gain FNP 6+. Enhanced Warriors are more susceptible to it's nectar and gain a FNP of 5+.

Special Rules: Independent Character, Fearless, Veteran of the Long War

Enhanced Warriors: If Bile is one of your HQ choices he can enhance some of the warriors under his control through the use of genetic manipulation and combat stimulants. You may nominate any number of Chaos Space Marine squads to become Enhanced Warriors. These warriors gain the Fearless Special Rule, additionally consult the Genetic Corruption special rule.  This costs 3 points per model.

Genetic Corruption: Bile's alterations do not always go as planned Role a D6 for each unit of Enhanced Warriors before a game starts and consult the table below.

Role 1 Bezerk Rage!: The warriors attack each other with animalistic fury.
-Make an armor save for each warrior removing those that fail. The survivors are at +1 Strength and have the Rampage special rule.

Role 2-5 Stable Alteration: Bile's experiments have been successful, this time.
-The warriors Gain +1 Strength and Attack

Role 6 Monster Incarnate: These warriors are truly the epitome of Bile's corrupted view of perfection.  However Bile has not bread longevity into them within hours of the battle's end these warriors devolve into gibbering, screaming piles of flesh. Even there enhanced constitutions unable to withstand the genetic degradation.
-The Warriors are at +1 Strength, Initiative and +2 attacks.
-Any unit that has rolled this result counts as destroyed for the purpose of calculating victory points.

Thoughts? This is very first draft as of now and I would like a second opinion before I take it down to the game club.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fabius Bile home-brewing
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 10:58:25 AM »
Cool stuff, I like it. 3.5 was such a awesome book.
 I was thinking it would be nice if taking Fabius or having him as your Warlord would lower the cost of the gift of mutation rolls(re-roll Dark Apotheosis). Like he experiments on the run of the mill troops which is the enhanced warrior table but he has more specific buffs for the higher ranking characters. That table is cool but its hard to justify paying that many points when alot of the units are already so expensive, but if it was only 5pts it would be alot more attractive.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Poxyquotl

• Initiate
  • Jack of all trades, master of none
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 01:02:31 PM »
Cool stuff, I like it. 3.5 was such a awesome book.
 I was thinking it would be nice if taking Fabius or having him as your Warlord would lower the cost of the gift of mutation rolls(re-roll Dark Apotheosis). Like he experiments on the run of the mill troops which is the enhanced warrior table but he has more specific buffs for the higher ranking characters. That table is cool but its hard to justify paying that many points when alot of the units are already so expensive, but if it was only 5pts it would be a lot more attractive.
I appreciate your feed back, And quite frankly I think I'm going to have to include that idea.

So, some thing like his warlord trait being that any character in your detachment gains a free boon of mutation if they may have one. He also discounts any additional boons by 5 points.

Now on the point cost thing, Yes you have to pay a 150 point HQ tax to use him but at only +3 points per model for guaranteed +1 Strength and Fearless is pretty much better than any of the marks. There is not much that could stop a unit of 20 of these guys rolling with Bile rocking MoK, IoW and swapped out bolters for CCW's. Yes they are going to be expensive at 18 points per model (13 base +3 for Enhanced Warriors +2 for MoK). However even the best assault units will have a hard time trying to crunch that many T4, 3+, 5+ FnP dudes and, they will have one hell of a time withering 70-90 WS4 S6 attacks. Even more so if you get lucky and role Monster Incarnate.

Maybe it's because I run very infantry heavy lists and see a lot of potential in Fearless and S5. It just seems awesome  (in the traditional sense).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:43:29 PM by Poxyquotl »

Offline Hawkeye299

• The Hawkboss
  • Global Moderator
  • Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:59:27 PM »
Seems really cool and fun to play good show all round

Hawk  ;D