Author Topic: Find me a use for the hellbrute?  (Read 6113 times)

Offline loempiaketzer

• Initiate
  • Ultra six!
    • View Profile
Re: Find me a use for the hellbrute?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 07:47:37 AM »
Hi there! (and my first post here ;) :D)
Ive been looking at this creature too and when compared to other choices in the book i think it gets more viable in higher point games. being that you are going to get filled out on the heavy support choices.

we dont want the HB in CC, so a tank might as wel do the job.
looking at a predator which can be about the same point cost but gives you more dice to roll. or maybe less, but more reliable (twin linked Lascannon for example)
and offcourse we all love the oblits and what not.

however we only have 3 choices available. if you play single CSM larger points i think the AC-ML-walker will be a good addition.

thats my take on this guy.

offcourse a DP would be a better option

Offline bork da basher

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 04:57:30 PM »
iv'e always had a soft spot for dreadnoughts and as i play deathguard i think they fit right in there with their heavy infantry style. i take one to babysit my plague marines and advance with them. i dont take any fists or melta in my squads its too expensive so a multimelta brute gives me a little bit of threat and something to help them out in situations they can't deal with. 

despite them being mediocre at best rules wise i quite like how my one works. hes usually ignored a lot of the time and now n then does great things that makes him worth every point of his measely cost. a multi melta thats ignored can get up to mischief.

i like em, i like the model i converted and it suits my army style. id much prefer a contemptor but the price tag just isn't worth it so i'll stick to the brute.

Offline Kayreios

• Brother Captain
  • "This is the best that bikes are going to get..."
    • View Profile
    • Painted Gribblies - Miniature Critique + WIP + Blargh
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 06:21:40 PM »
If only there were some way to make them look like a turkey...