Author Topic: No New BT Codex Now?  (Read 2293 times)

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
No New BT Codex Now?
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:06:01 PM »
So this is making its way around the rumors channels...

As I told you about a year ago, there are going to be more supplements for pretty much all the codexes, even Chaos Space Marines and Tau: though no work has really been done on the latter.

There is not going to be another Eldar one in 2013.

White Scars is one of the supplement codexes, and it is also complete (borderline printed) so logic dictates it'll be released a few weeks after the SM codex, but I don't have a street date for you.

Space marines will be getting 2 supplement codexes though by the end of 2013, so again... chances are white scars will be one of them.

For the Blood Angels and Space Wolves players, fear not you will be getting full codex support and not just supplements.  Read between those lines.

Read the last paragraph- no BT codex? Would we BT players be happy with an add on book that is based on codex space marines?

I personally feel that BT is NOT an astarted codex chapter- they don't follow the ultramarine playbook just like BA, DA, and SW so they should have their own stand alone 'dex.

Thoughts?
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
Re: No New BT Codex Now?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »
I totally wholeheartedly agree. No way brother. We stand apart from our brothers in too many very large ways. I think the only ones equal in our defiance is the wolves. And drk angels are more likely to be a supplement then we are. No Templars are def stand alone guys for sure id be very upset wit a supplement. I would rather have a codex even if that meant updates once every ten years it doesnt bother me jus proves my mettle evrytime I win or enjoy a good match with an older book. Something ironic that I have always enjoyed is the fact that we Templars are stand alone codex and our father chapter the imperial fists are codex adherent. I love it. Shows the bravado of the chapter that Dorn himself exemplified when he was asked to break his legion dwn. I truly think someone at gw knows this and lives the Templars too. I mean we have endured a long time as we are havent we? They put the Templars in the allies chart too brother... not the salamanders and not the scars but def us. This shouts a new spiffy codex mark my words\hopes...

Offline mam2087

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:54:58 PM »
What we think , what we want is not going to amount to a hill of beans.   GW is going to do whatever they think is going to net them the most profit.   

All I can hope for when it comes out , it's not too overpriced, actually makes up for the unfair amounts of cheese given to zenos, and makes my play experience all that it can be.   Also I would like to see something that nerfs flyers.   Especially the CSM flying turkey.

Offline Colby

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:45:38 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it now, by 2014 you should have a clearer picture of where the codexes are going, which armies GW is focusing on. Right now, its just too soon to know what their plans for BT are.

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:09:22 AM »
I would be happy with a supplement. (better than a WD codex).
Support me on the Patreon Page:
http://patreon.com/skaredcast

make sure you check out my blog:
http://skaredcast.blogspot.com
youtube channel
http://youtube.com/skaredcast

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
I mean I kno we r sayin anything is better then nothing at this point. . But what would u really prefer? Constant updates that are really bolt ons to another book or ur own book?

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 01:05:11 AM »
I dunno.  I kind of hope we get something that brings the cost of our units in line with modern codexes.  Whether that means we're in the main marine codex or have out own really doesn't matter to me that much.  That said, we have some legacy builds that are really awesome.  No one can kit out a Techmarine like we can. 

I keep hearing of leaks from GW that talk of a new Marine codex in September, and they keep saying it will be a, "big surprise"; and other things like, "you will be very happy."

What's that all about?

No way to know.  Just got to wait until September.....

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:20:37 AM »
I hate all this GW blue balling. It's made me put a rush on the models I'm working on. Soon I'll have my second bike squad converted and painted. And then, My command squad. champ with a power axe, power sword, boltpistol and combat shield, a sergeant with a combiflamer, apothecary, and two jerks with flamers. Drop pod suicide squad.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline mam2087

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »
I still believe that the BT army is too different to make fit in a supplement.  Sure the other chapters , like White Scars and Salamaders , easy enough.  I mean what's the difference ?  A few special characters and some special rules , add a little bit of fluff and there you have a supplement. 

BT are vastly different from Codex Marines, it'd would be too hard.   Half the supplement codex is going to be "Ignore from Codex Space Marines ...." or "Codex SM .... does not apply to BT army instead do this ..." type of crap. 

Besides there appears to be enough interest out there to warrant a stand alone codex.  Plus GW would love for you to buy another $50 (US) book.  Who knows by the time it comes out the books might be more.

As for when it comes out and what's going to be in it , GW is going to give it to us when they want to  in their own time.   Assuming it meets their expectations of what will make them the greatest profit.

Honest right now I'm more into my WarMachine / Hordes than GW anymore.  The game is cheaper on so many levels and makes much more sense.     Don't get me wrong I love 40K and would start playing again in a heartbeat if regular gaming started up in my area again.   Until the mean time I have a whole box of WM stuff to paint up.  Work on my BT and wait for a new Sisters Codex.   I will fangirl when that come out.