Author Topic: Best HQ choise?  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Covenantkilla

• Battle Brother
  • "The dark path leads only to an empty wallet"
    • View Profile
Re: Best HQ choise?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »
KHARNE!!! FTW
^^^this. Kharne is a beast!

Offline Rivetlicker

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 08:47:52 PM »
I'm inclined to say Daemon prince... even with a hefty pricetag. BUt then again, I add CSM to my Daemon force for more daemon princes and daemon weapons, so I might be biased.

Also, it depends on the points you play as well as eventual theme/fluff for your army.

I think Typhus is awesome for it's ability to include zombies... and as a character he ain't bad at all. I'm still thinking to try Ahriman for the sake of it being a decent sorceror.

Kharn, Huron and Lucius don't really appeal to me. Abaddon... meh, yet to find a good way to use him. And Bile... it might have it's use.

As for princes; I'd say always wings + armor. And the Black mace seems to be a no-brainer. Burning brand or Khorne axe seem like options for a 2nd prince if you run a bigger points game. But a Juggerlord with axe seems nice as well. Khorne prince w/ Khorne axe looks quite insane on paper. The -1 WS isn't an issue for a DP... and having 5 (7 on the charge) + D6 attacks @ S8... I'll take that as a secondary to my Mace wielding prince. And since Khorne princes don't have use for psychic powers, they're quite cheap @ just over 250 points. Guess, the only drawback with a prince is that you can't use cult marines as troops.

And since there's so many characters, the entire "make your own chaos lord" notion seems to fall a bit flat on the face... but I'm quite sure there are a few awesome builds out there.

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
This is the Chaos Lord I put together for my Noise Marine army:

Chaos Lord (180 points total)
--Mark of Slaanesh
--Chaos Bike
--Power Fist
--Burning Brand (Khorne/Kharn fluff aside, a handy anti-horde/MEQ weapon that ignores cover the way the Blastmasters do)
--Sigil of Corruption

He isn't meant to go charging down the middle of he board, more of a counter-punch or counter-charge guy.

This is the Load out I use for my Slaanesh CSM/Daemon army.