Author Topic: The Iron Tenth  (Read 2448 times)

Offline MangoJuiceHead

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
The Iron Tenth
« on: December 11, 2013, 06:56:15 PM »
The Gorgan fell to treachery and lies and his surviving sons shall avenge his death by the blood of traitor and xenos alike. non shall stay the wrath of the iron tenth.

The Venators (6 man sternguard squad)
Sergeant Diarmadiis - combimelta (prefered enemy)
Brother Artius - gravgun (relentless)
Brother Proteus - combigrav
Brother Amthus - combimelta
Brother Sarius - meltagun
Brother Mecium (shrouded)

Death to the Xenos, the Traitor and the Weak

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Tenth
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 07:58:55 PM »
Use of special ammo is also very interesting and something I didn't think of. That combined with the three USRs gives a ton of flexibility.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline MangoJuiceHead

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:11:03 PM »
Played a quick game with a lad from uni, he was playin a venerable dread with assault cannon, powerfist/stormbolter, extra armour. we were playing quite an open 'board' (kitchen table with some boxs, empty cans and some defence lines out my box). started poorly for me with my sergeant getting rended to death and my relentless gravgun taking a bolt round to the face. but managed pull it out my ass wen the combi grav immobilised him in the open, then the combi-melta and melta gun ran round and meltagunned him in the ass 2 turns later.

May not have been glorious but we faced off against a fearsome foe and came out the other side bloody by victorious.

(i plan to get some images up at the week end when some guys are painted.)

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:44:09 PM »
May not have been glorious but we faced off against a fearsome foe and came out the other side bloody by victorious.

All victory is glorious, even the pyrrhic.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline bladesteel

• Brother Captain
  • - "bladesteel translated into swedish, is my name"
    • View Profile
    • bladesteel
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 07:36:11 AM »
Now that should fight back any "early" agression! Cool list.
There is but one true purpose to why you have set your foot in this place mon'keigh and you have yet to discover it. We control far more than your puny little destinies -Farseer Avalshou of Vaul'Ahrys

Offline MangoJuiceHead

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 10:51:46 AM »
I've played my next game, and the iron tenth played like the marines from the books. no casualties and i drove off the orks i was fighting. their list was 2 squads of boys with as many boys as he could squeeze in. it looked like i was going to get swamped almost immediately until it was my turn to shoot. 1 round of shooting later and with both Nobs dead (one with shrouded and the other with feel no pain) and 4 boys blasted off the board, i had them on the back foot almost immediately. Their second turn saw every one getting charged by 2 -3 boyz as the lines collided. this saw 3 orks dead to overwatches, and 4 more to combat. nearly lost 4 guys who got wounded, but 3 passed armour saves and the 6fnp saved the last. (that was such a fluke). my 2nd turn saw my serg and my gravgun out of combat who then went on the blast 2 more orks in the face, and managed to drive off the ones in combat. this is where my opponent made his mistakes he then went defensive and tried hold up in some ruins and shoot (huge mistake seeming he's playing orks). my last turn saw every marine advance, then either rapid fire dragon fire bolts or stride into the cover and slaughter the survivors. his last turn saw his last 2 orks move shoot and charge 2 regular sternguard, but both were butched before he got to attack. VICTORY TO THE IRON TENTH

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 07:44:17 PM »
Right on!
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline MangoJuiceHead

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 07:57:32 AM »
so far i haven't painted my killteam, but i have painted my first tac squad and my captain and his command squad. my last game was only quick, with another win (woop 3 for 3) this time it was marines i faced and it was dark angel black knight. im guessing he thought that his toughness 5 was a great defence and it is wen you're not up against hellfire rounds. 3 turns saw my sergeant and a 2 combi weapon marines either plasma riddled or smashed with corvus hammers, but all 4 bikers hell to the wrath of the hellfire rounds. he just couldnt pass that many saves.

Offline MangoJuiceHead

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 09:10:58 AM »

(just as a heads up for some reason all the images in this post are huge so to see the whole thing, just zoom out in your browser)
So when writing my list for my 2000pts ironhands. i wrote some fluff. i may one day upload that but so far here is my first tactical squad 'The Nectum Spiritum' (last breath) and these were some of the last battle brothers fighting aboard the battle barge, 'The Ferri Aquila'.

And this is my command squad for Iron Father Ignum Gladium.