Author Topic: Red corsairs allies?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Red corsairs allies?
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »
 Wanted to add allies to red corsairs, and my question will be. Which one, of the following factions, has more chance and potential (fluff wise), to be an allie to the red corsairs.

Orcs or dark eldar?

Just dont say guard. I never liked IG, and never will play them.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Red corsairs allies?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 09:38:03 AM »
I would say Dark Eldar. The Corsairs are pirates, Alot of Dark Eldar are pirates and while they probably won't trust each other Pirates sometimes work together for a big score. Also I remember hearing that Hurons little pet the Hamadrya was a gift from a Eldar pirate, but I don't know how true that is as i can't remeber where i heard it.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 05:04:38 AM »
 But there is also a orc pirate? There a bunch of orc pirates ^^)

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:05:09 AM »
True and if you want Orks thats cool, but I just think Dark eldar are better(probably cause my main force is  Eldar and Dark Eldar Pirates). I can see The Corsairs trying to manipulate some Ork Freebooters but I just think D. Eldar bring more to the table, more a meeting of untrustworthy equals. I guess it all depends on what kind of force your going for. I mean honestly Daemons make the best allies then I would say guard(you said you don't want them) but you put 2 out there and of those I would go with Dark Eldar. Just a opinion take from it what you will.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 12:59:31 PM »
 I like both armies. Dark eldar for their cool models, and what they can bring to the table. And, as you said, they are pirates.
 And orcs, because they are orks ^^)

Offline TheSoothsayer1400

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 01:16:17 AM »
late post I know, but I agree with the guy above me, Dark Eldar would make the most sense. They're piratical and would compliment your force very nicely with lots of poisoned shots and lance shots, or even a flyer if you wanted one. Plus since both of you are very fast, it shouldn't be a problem keeping up with each other.

and I think there are piratical orks, at least there are in Dawn of War Retribution.