Author Topic: 2000pts deathguard list.  (Read 938 times)

Offline bork da basher

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
2000pts deathguard list.
« on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:30 AM »
i was going to sell this as an unfinished project but got reinspired to finish the army and after many many tinkerings have come up with this. by no means competative (as you can tell by the inclusion of a hellbrute and no helldrakes) but meant to be in keeping with deathguard/nurgle playstyle and fun to play.

obligatory demon prince with mace who will go where he likes and duff stuff up. chaos lord of nurgle on a bike with the brand, this guy is so nasty, its like having a mini helldrake zipping about and my conversion for it is probably the coolest mini ive ever made.

3 units of plasma toting plaguemarines for troops. solid core

hellbrute...yeah yeah i know what your gonna say, but i like dreadnoughts and i find them often ignored. a multi melta thats ignored can often do good things. also adds a measure of threat to my support my plague marines.

2 blight drones. i like to have a few pie plates in my army. good vs everything but 2+ and can at a pinch go after flyers with their reaper autocannons...a big pinch mind.

3 units of 2 oblits. love love love me some oblits. i usually deploy 2 units and deepstrike the 3rd with the aim of melting some rear ends.

lastly i wanted to include a great unclean one with balesword. take the primaris for nurgle for a nice ap3 template and with instant death on his sword he'll murder opposing MC's or characters. 6 attacks on the charge, S6 AP2 instant death mmmm. gives me something to drop in the enemies backfield and watch him panic about. unit of nurglings to fill the troop slot who don't entirely suck. land em by an objective and go to ground.

thoughts?

Chaos lord / MoN, bike, lighting claw, blight grenades, burning brand of scalathrax / 150

Demon prince / MoN, ML1, power armour, wings, black mace / 290

ELITES
Hellbrute / multi melta / 100

TROOPS
5 plague  marines / 2x plasma guns / 150

FAST ATTACK
Blight drone / 150
Blight drone / 150

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 obliterators / MoN / 152

ALLIES
HQ
Great unclean one / balesword / 210
TROOPS
3 nurgling bases / 45

2001pts

Offline mouse911

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: 2000pts deathguard list.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »
Ive just started my own death guard. Have you ran this yet and if so how did it go?

Offline bork da basher

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: 2000pts deathguard list.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:24:18 AM »
twice now, its so so but i was facing eldar and necrons and was utterly outmaneuvered and managed a narrow win and a loss. fun to play though and has some good options. love all the ap3 templates it can throw down and obliterators are just consistently great to use. nothing like opening up on eldar with 6 assault cannons in a turn.