Author Topic: Black Templars.. The best?..  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
Black Templars.. The best?..
« on: June 29, 2013, 04:33:17 PM »
Ok guys I wanted to share this ludicrous statement my brother made to me. He says that black templars hav the best book in the game. He says that its an excuse to say it is the oldest in the game now (and it is the oldest now). So while I understand u dnt wana hear whining about codex age. Is it the best really?! I laughed told him he was an absolute idiot but he was serious... Iv never heard that before. Now I kno we hav some old tricks but the best boon in the game. I mean why? Neway the point of the post is to ask b u what u think and see what the general public has to say about that. I mean is he the imbecile or am i?

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
Re: Black Templars.. The best?..
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:41:24 PM »
Its full of flavour. But lacks control of some key game mechanics. Although as allies, they are awesome! furious charging assault terminators are really cool (and now they can ride in a storm raven!)
Support me on the Patreon Page:
http://patreon.com/skaredcast

make sure you check out my blog:
http://skaredcast.blogspot.com
youtube channel
http://youtube.com/skaredcast

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »
I dont like the stromraven but I do see the potential for allied templars since we r last to get a book. This is a kool way to get my boys into the fight without being so inefficient. Thanx. Problem is we are jot the most powerful and some ppl (tho not to bright) claim we r the best codex... I jus do not agree with that. The book does not even come close. I wondered why anyone would believe that I mean surely he is mistaken right?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
BT isn't the best dex simply because it lacks the flexibillity a lot of newer books have. It was written during a time when most armies were written as one trick ponies that functions differed slightly. However I will say it's probably one of the most well aged dexes for the simple fact it not only threw weight around in 4th edition, but still had a lot of play in 5th. Unfortunately because 6th edition favors objectives and range, we're forced to play against the grain so to speak.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 01:25:35 AM »
No it is not the best not even close u can say it my bro is a bafoon..

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 04:08:10 AM »
Nah, he isn't a buffoon. Might have been trolling. I do think though that in this current meta the BT dex is a good book to learn on. Don't have to fall back on gimmicky units, the exclusion of librarians forces you to put more thought into how you build your HQ units. With the points restraints in costs per space marine and the vow taxes it really forces a player to think outside the box.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 12:11:54 PM »
I suppose I can agree with that. It certainly makes u betr as a playr to play with a handicap.  It was jus such a slap in the face to hear someone actually say and believe that.. I mean the best really.. It was really sad.