Author Topic: basing help please?  (Read 942 times)

Offline Kezef

• Chapter Master
  • Angels have two wings for a reason
    • View Profile
basing help please?
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:17:55 AM »
alright usually i glue my models directly to the base and then later go back and base them in my red and black sand like basing material, don't remember what it is actually called, but it was supposed to be for train terrain, the red  is real fine and the black i think is supposed to be coal. I didn't usually paint them, i just left them black and red and it looked really crappy to be honest, so i decided to try to make up the base before hand, added a few home made rocks made from Spackle and painted them up and they look fairly nice, but now i have no idea how to actually affix the models to the bases, what type of glue would i use to get a secure bond?

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: basing help please?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:50:40 AM »
Never did bases seperate my self. But, I have seen that people would make pins on them, where they would put there models. And only then make the bases.

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »
Never did bases seperate my self. But, I have seen that people would make pins on them, where they would put there models. And only then make the bases.

That is how I do mine, I drill the bottom of the mini's foot, glue in the pin (aka "paperclip wire") cut to the correct length and then decided on placement on the base, push the pin down a little so it makes a mark in the paint, then drill the base and glue. Works great for me.

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »
I usually just glue my models down first and then base when I'm done. I like the look of my minis feet sinking into the ground a bit.

The pin thing sounds good, you may want to try grinding down a little bit where the feet will be with a dremel just so that you get a nice flush look.