Author Topic: 6th Edition Vow Tactica  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
6th Edition Vow Tactica
« on: July 02, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »
As the title says. What is the best vow? and how do you use the vow you have chosen?

I prefer the Abhor the witch vow, with the high number of psykers in the game it reallt helps negate them.
Support me on the Patreon Page:
http://patreon.com/skaredcast

make sure you check out my blog:
http://skaredcast.blogspot.com
youtube channel
http://youtube.com/skaredcast

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Edition Vow Tactica
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:42:27 PM »
Accept any challenge. By far imo I use this for assault. The plan is simple. get the charge everytime. Use vehicles and some small shooty elements to "position the enemy for ur core units to make the kill. I also leverage the chaplain since he makes the termies fearless takes a stormshield and grants the good ol rerolls we all miss so much. Thats 25+ rerolling hammerstrikes on the charge. Nothing has stood up to my charge yet. Try stoping two landraiders at once innone turn of shooting. Two of u go first. Its effective.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »
Accept the challenge. It's personally my go to vow, even with it's points cost. I can't get the charge every time like I want, but when I do, it's awesome.

Suffer not the unclean- I appreciate this vow in a list where I don't count on initiative. Lots of powerfists, thunderhammers, power axes, etc.

abhor the witch- it's a consolidation move AND a 5+ deny. I've used it in friendly games where I know my opponent takes a psyker.

uphold the honor of the emperor- It's probably my least favorite vow because it's a cover save and you can't benefit from other forms of cover. it would be better if we had ways to get stealth and shrouded. Hm. I think there are dark angels models that add to cover without being a psychic power... Hmm....
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »
To be honest none of these vows are really all that great even for 4th when the book was made.. we need an update but I think that these vows are situational to some degree and can b useful.. I really hop they biff these with the new book tho.

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
Accept any challange for me also, BT are still very much about the assault for me- getting close and then delivering judgement with the chain sword and lightning claw.

I'm hoping a new dex will rewrite and update all the vows.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 07:15:37 AM »
I wanna see the whole vows rewritten as warlord traits that the Emperor's champion can take. I don't want to have to write lists around specific vows, I'd rather randomly roll for 1 out of a set of 6 beneficial vows that affect my strategy more than my lists.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
No offense harry but I would absolutely hate to see that brother... ha u meet all kinds online I suppose. Couldnt be more opposite about the whole rolling for warlord trait thing that is so weak. Cannot stand it. The mission deployment and objectives I get but the traits of ur char should b ur choice. I kno exactly how I fight and id never roll on that. Random is good but not too much..