Author Topic: Chaos Daemon Prince  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Chaos Daemon Prince
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:09:18 PM »
Hi all! I'm just getting back into 40K after being away from the hobby for a very long time. I'm rebuilding my Khorne army with a Daemon Prince as the cornerstone model. My DP is a wip that I started but never finished until now. I didn't notice any threads for DP's so I was wondering what thoughts and or advice you have regarding running one in your army. 
Thanks!
ps...here a few pic's of my wip DP.

Online tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Daemon Prince
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 08:36:29 AM »
looks demented

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:04:26 AM »
Thanks Tom,
It's a old school kit bash for lack of better terms. OOP flesh hound, nid's, skaven rat ogre, blood thirster arm.... I did most of the sculpting with supper sculpty. Being it was all metal I could put it in the oven to cure it. Try that now...haha. Made some minor changes to my DP. I'll be posting them up in a few days.

Thanks for the comments.
Thodin

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
I was just going to ask for the parts/bitz also before scrolling down- a few I could see in the model.

I like princes a ton, but find that in larger point games you need two or three for them to work- two base or two + 1 allies from the daemons book.

That said, with a set of wings they are a blast to play!

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:15:42 AM »
Hey Fritz,
Thanks for the info. Just sawed of those nid claws on my DP's left arm and replaces them with a smaller claws/fingers from an old Spawn model, I think it was the Violator that I picked up at a goodwill shop for bitz many yrs ago. I'll be posting some new pic's soon!

Thanks,
Thodin

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 12:11:52 PM »
This looks amazing! I would turn and run away if I saw this coming up the field at me :p

I second using at least two. I have two, I'm gunning for three. I love running one up each side of the table. It takes my opponent a full turn of shooting everything he has to take one down, so I get one up to his front line and it gives my weaker scoring units a chance to breathe for at least two turns. With 7th edition, it sounds like Daemon Princes will be even harder to deal with.

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 12:07:21 AM »
This looks amazing! I would turn and run away if I saw this coming up the field at me :p

I second using at least two. I have two, I'm gunning for three. I love running one up each side of the table. It takes my opponent a full turn of shooting everything he has to take one down, so I get one up to his front line and it gives my weaker scoring units a chance to breathe for at least two turns. With 7th edition, it sounds like Daemon Princes will be even harder to deal with.

Agreed I take two, and a Soul Grinder. Works out pretty well for me!

Here's my latest BR with 2 DP's in a 1650pt game: http://slavetoslaanesh.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/daemons-vs-dark-angels-1650-pts.html

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
Thanks for the great coments tannibal_lecter & Bowlzee! Here are some updated pic's of the new claw and my rendition of the Black Mace. The power fist/lighting claw will be added to it's third arm with greenstuff. The unlucky Space Wolf is also a wip. I have a few surprises to still add to him as well!  Only if I could split myself in half and be able to crank on my army all day while my other half is at work...lol :D

Offline Thodin-Torzak

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 06:46:44 PM »
Also giving him some power armor, the chest plate i sculpted with greenstuff as well. the rest of the power armor will be made up from bits. The Black mace was constructed with 2 front legs of an oop Khorne Juggie. Then I added the face plates to the back of the mace. It comes off so I can still use the handle for my next project, the Murder sword & Axe combo!

Thanks again
Thodin