Author Topic: Typhus Conversion Advice  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Abaddon87

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Typhus Conversion Advice
« on: April 28, 2014, 11:16:51 PM »
So I recently finished my biggest conversion to date, a replacement for the stock Typhus to lead my Death Guard army. I want to know your thoughts good and bad. I don't want to state my biggest concern until I get some initial reactions (to see if they line up with whats on my mind).

Sorry if the pics are too big, I had to pull them from my blog and have no idea how to resize them  :-\

My Painting and modeling blog: http://thevaultsofmoravec.blogspot.com/

Offline Packetboy

• Battle Brother
  • Get's Hot... Not anymore. Keep shooting!
    • View Profile
Re: Typhus Conversion Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 10:05:02 AM »
It look amazing. I always thought Typhus looked so small and not scary as a model. But this one looks great. A real monster. I like the fact that he walk on someone.
-INCOMING BARRAGE!
-Don't be afraid brothers. It will be a victorious day! Let's  face our enemies standing, with fire in our heart and... Kaboom
        Last word of the rebel leader on Axion 4

Offline Abaddon87

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 06:55:08 AM »
Thanks! The dead marine is one of my favorite parts. I used a Skaven tail section for the neck (as its all segmented and looks like a spine) and a nice screaming skull from the WFB ghoul box. Lots of careful cutting and repositioning on the hands and feet too for a nice limp body look  :P

And yea the oblit lets cut and reposed put him about a head taller than your average terminator. He is as imposing as he should be!

I was worried that the Tyrant Guard head makes him too tyranidy looking, but maybe with some paint it will help.
My Painting and modeling blog: http://thevaultsofmoravec.blogspot.com/

Offline Packetboy

• Battle Brother
  • Get's Hot... Not anymore. Keep shooting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »
I didn't even realised it was a tyranid head. It look great. You can get by a lot of stuff with just a little paint, but I like the beastial look.
-INCOMING BARRAGE!
-Don't be afraid brothers. It will be a victorious day! Let's  face our enemies standing, with fire in our heart and... Kaboom
        Last word of the rebel leader on Axion 4

Offline CarboniteLab

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:03:49 AM »
I think it looks great. I really like the way you added green stuff around his weapon to make it look even more chaotic. You can tell that it's of there's a few Tyranid pieces, but I think with the with the right paint it will blend in and the hardly noticeable. The pose is good, and I really like what you did with the base. If I had to make one suggestion it would be to throw in a little more green stuff to give it that Nurgal look. Make sure you post pics when painted, because we all want to see. Good job.
" You have taken your first step into a larger world."

https://www.youtube.com/user/CarboniteLab