Author Topic: Killa kan wall  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Beefcake97

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Killa kan wall
« on: June 09, 2014, 11:55:34 AM »
So befor I go and get Killa kans I would like to hear from you all on the Killa kan wall, is that a good tactic still or was it ever.  I do plan to have the big boy(new model) along with 6 kans but befor I bought all those I wanted to make sure it was worth it.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!

Offline Krump Krumpstofferson

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Killa kan wall
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:15:34 AM »
I think 9 cans is the way to go.  Get the army list off forgeworld and you can take kans in the FA slots.   It opens up more room for gorkanauts and deff dreads.  Ive seen people have decent success and its a pretty fun list
Dude...  Double 1's on the charge again...

Offline DA BOSS

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »
kkans in 6th were rubbish, could be glanced to death so easily and the last game i played the only thing they got me was a cover save ONCE that didnt even save anyone. in seventh vehicles are better, but kans on mass rather than just 3 is better
WAAAGH!

Offline Beefcake97

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 12:45:45 PM »
I was thinking on getting 6 with no deff dread but the new walker I was deff getting
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!

Offline boyzbeforetoyz

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 06:18:13 AM »
Ork walkers could go either way depending on how our FoC gets reorganized. If Kans go to FA like in IA8, and Dreds leave HS and move into Elite, then we may see a huge change in the way orks are fielded. The Gork/Mork-a-naught is definitely going to be key in keeping them up until they get there, especially since the KFF gives a 5++ now instead of a cover save.

Offline DA BOSS

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:24 PM »
i guess with the new edition making vehicles stronger, they would stand a better chance
WAAAGH!

Online DeffBossGitKrusha

• Brother Captain
  • Shoot da choppy ones and chop da shooty ones!
    • View Profile
    • work in progress
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 07:43:07 AM »
I played Kans for years but wasn't playing much of 6th to see for myself just how bad things got. I did read about it though. Kans were amazing. you had to learn how to use them though. They may be dead ard' again but we'll see how it goes. The key has been, and is likely to remain, protecting your kans. The KFF and cover were key to that. Again I have no practical experience in 7th regarding Kans.
 I can say that My Kans were used to cheaply shield my foot slogers across the board while providing more fire power on to enemy targets. I know that Kans have a load of weapon options but the only two I ever use, so far, are Big shootas (one for every kan) or grot zookas. Grot zookas are a little better being blast weapons that have several shots so 3 becomes 6, very good even when you miss a few, those blasts have to go somewhere after all.

A lot of it will boil down to how you play you army, what you put into it and you play style.
 I was running 9 kans and some dreds. Supported by loads of boys.

With 7th though and given a large amount of points I can see running quite a few and being very effective. But that would depend on 2 things. 1 running multiple detachments, I plan to run no less then 2, and of course the new codex. Kan Mob size may go up. in which case they might be better as one maxed out slot and then what ever else for the rest of your heavies. Yet another twist would be multiple detachments where each kan mob was very small. like MSU or min maxing just to make it much harder to kill them off. I haven't worked that one out as a list just yet though.

Hope this helps a little.
Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop!
WAAAAAAAAGH! Dakka Dakka Dakka!
http://warhead01.blogspot.com/

Offline Metal_Ead

• Neophyte
  • Weze is made for fightin.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »
I am building a kan wall army now that includes a Stopma, Morkanaught, Deffdreds, and Killa Kans. Should be fun to play and with the Force Field and allot of Mek assistance it should be formidable. Grot riggers give "it will not die" now, and with Mek boys repairing everything, the walkers should be quite durable. I also like that Killa Kans come in bigger units now. Hopefully this makes up for heir new "panic"rule.
Waaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Offline Kayreios

• Brother Captain
  • "This is the best that bikes are going to get..."
    • View Profile
    • Painted Gribblies - Miniature Critique + WIP + Blargh
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
I have seen this, it works but it is SLOW...  Some kind of truck/wagon with a load of bad-ass up front as a distraction works wonders to make this better.

Offline boyzbeforetoyz

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
Well. Ow what? With kans being only s7, and 50pts pop, along with the moral issue......I just can't see kans being very viable for sometime.

Online DeffBossGitKrusha

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • work in progress
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »
"Well. Ow what? With kans being only s7, and 50pts pop, along with the moral issue......I just can't see kans being very viable for sometime."
 No tellin. But I don't think the ST7 is an issue.
Looking at it the only AV they won't get through is 14.
 And that's what a Land Raider and a Monolith at most .
 And now with larger Mob size their's not much that's going to stand up to that in CC. Sure it wont over kill a SM hero or better but you make up for it in volume, most of the units that are hard to kill have a solid INV and a bunch of those don't die from instant death anyway. Volume of attacks. are the amazing...No. they did go up in points as well. Viable is a horrible word to use on anything in gaming.  They're grots anyway how good should they be. They will still manage and if they are built to shoot. they will put a lot of fire down range. 6 big shootas, 18 sots, will bring down a storm talon. flack a tac squad ,rhino, other orks ect. But time will tell either way

Offline Mr. Sinji

• Brother Captain
  • I have been collecting and playing 40k since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 04:28:44 AM »
I am going to bump this post.

I would like everyone's thoughts on the Kan wall now in the current 7th ed meta where more bodies seem to be the way to go. There doesn't seem to be as much anti-vehicle stuff around so the Kan wall might be a bit more viable. Matched up with 5++ Invo's they might pose a a bit more of a threat.

I am thinking something simple like
3x squads of 6 Kans
2x Mek boyz with KFF and Kill-Saw
Then fill out the rest with Shoota Boyz squads with Big Shootas & Nobs with PK's and BP's

Online DeffBossGitKrusha

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • work in progress
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 11:25:52 AM »
I haven't used Kans in months. I have been using Dreads a lot more and I like them a lot.
I have been thinking it would be fun to use a Dread mob and a Goff Kill mob together via the Great WAAAGH band. I'd even like to stick Da Krusha Crew in with that. But it's way too many points for what it may not do.I'd also need a burna boys mob for each Gorka/Morkanaut Just to make sure they stand a chance. I did stick this together as part of a 10,000 point list, which also had a Stompa or two.
Orks are so much better in large point games.

Offline Mr. Sinji

• Brother Captain
  • I have been collecting and playing 40k since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 05:11:48 PM »
I completely agree.

The issue I have is most people don't have the points to compete with me.

I feel the 2500 point mark is quite fun to play at.