Author Topic: Shock Troop conversions  (Read 1605 times)

Offline IronHammer43

• Initiate
  • "Iron Hammer leads the way."
    • View Profile
Shock Troop conversions
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:31:41 AM »
I need some help or influence with shock troop conversions. The GW troops are a bit boring and I am having a hard time finding suitable conversion pieces. Forge World has some nice products for this such as Cadian Shock Troops and Elysian Drop Troops. Does anyone know or have any better idea for the troop conversion? I am looking to mostly convert the heads.

Help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Minis don't come cheap in this hobby

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Shock Troop conversions
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:46:49 AM »
Dreamforge Makes some great plastic kits for a decent price. IDK if its the kinda style your looking for but IMO they are excellent kits, its hard plastic and very detailed. Right now their is boxes of 10 or 20 troopers, a set of 3 dif Heavy weapons and while each kit has a good number of bits there is a accessory kit that comes with a ton more bits, like assault weapons, different heads for officers and ncos and 3 mules for equipment or whatever. Also they have a really awesome looking transport coming out soon and a command squad, so its a line that will expand in the future. I'm planning on using the transport for a counts as tourox when it comes out.

http://dreamforge-games.com/

http://dreamforge-games.com/collections/infantry/products/eisenkern-stormtroopers-20-man-set
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline IronHammer43

• Initiate
  • "Iron Hammer leads the way."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 07:15:44 AM »
Thanks for the information!

I still am having a rough time deciding whether or not to convert my shock troops. I bought 20 troops and a command squad and assembled 10 troops and the command squad with the normal kit. The remaining 10 troops are holding off until I can find something to bash them with. Kasrkin heads? If I can even find them... They would look cool I think. Maybe I need to get some Scions and use some left over bits. I have no idea anymore! I am kind of on a Astra Militarum block at the moment.
Minis don't come cheap in this hobby

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:15:34 AM »
If these are the Karskins you mean then unfortunately i'm pretty sure they where only made in metal. The head, body, gun, and legs are all one piece, i think the back pack is the only piece that comes separate. While not impossible you would have to get the complete model and cut the heads off. While it would probably look really good if done right IMO it would be kinda a waste as I feel Karskin models are pretty awesome as they are and since they are out of print will only get harder and harder to come by.

The Scions might be a good idea as I believe the kit comes with a bunch of extra heads. I think its a good mix of the beret and helmeted heads but if you are only interested in one type then it might not be such a great idea. Tho you could try trading the ones you don't like with someone for the ones you do.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"