Author Topic: New Knight Character Datasheet from White Dwarf  (Read 4934 times)

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
New Knight Character Datasheet from White Dwarf
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:32:43 AM »
So the newest Issue of White Dwarf has a Datasheet for a Knight Character, Gerantius the Forgotten Knight. I was wondering what others thought. Is he overcosted or maybe a little to strong? Also any Ideas on some good builds around him.

If you don't have the WD Issue its a Knight Errant named Gerantius the Forgotten Knight. Hes 130 more pts but is WS5, BS5, and along with the normal Knight special rules he has "It Will Not Die", and a couple more new special rules. One is called " The Forgotten Knight" which gives his Ion Shield a 3++ tho he cannot have a warlord trait and can't use the rules for Knightly Ranks. The other is called "Striker" which allows him to shoot the same turn he runs(tho can't charge that turn) and also must re-roll results of 1 on the Stomp table.

While another 130 pts is alot he becomes even more survivable and quicker without sacrificing shooting. I mean WS 5 helps but the the re-roll results of 1 on the stomp table means he will almost always do good damage with those attacks. All in all I think he's pretty strong and I would def run him when I use Knights.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Re: New Knight Character Datasheet from White Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 10:59:32 PM »
I would definitely use him, because with Imperial Knights army, I would have problem with odd points - as the "normal" Knight comes only in two versions and is not upgradable, you are in your army building severely limited - if you play, for example, 1750 pts, you can stick 4 Knights in your army and be left with about 250 pts you can't spare, except for allies.

Gerantius is great in the fact, you can "upgrade" one of your regular Knights to this special character, if you have some the 130 pts left. That's nice.
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »
Does it say anything about what armies he may ally with?

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:47:39 AM »
Does it say anything about what armies he may ally with?

It doesn't specifically say but its Symbol is of the Imperial Knights faction so I would think its the same as regular Knights. Tho if your opponent agrees to let you ally Knights to another army I don't see why they wouldn't let you use this, maybe as a counts as for a Demonically possessed Knight, a Fallen Knight or even a merc who has no qualms on hiring himself out to enemies of the Imperium.

According to the fluff hes a mysterious Knight on a planet called Alric Prime which has some kind of hidden Vault full of archeotech and lost lore which he has protected since "time immemorial". It says anytime the planet is threatened he will rise from his tomb the fight the enemies of Alric Prime.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Raving Rabbid

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 10:59:29 AM »
Just out of interest, which WD was this featured in? I gave up buying the weekly editions, as they are really hit or miss now. Thanks.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 07:27:39 PM »
Just out of interest, which WD was this featured in? I gave up buying the weekly editions, as they are really hit or miss now. Thanks.

Issue 24, the one released on July 12th.

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 01:21:36 PM »
According to the fluff hes a mysterious Knight on a planet called Alric Prime which has some kind of hidden Vault full of archeotech and lost lore which he has protected since "time immemorial". It says anytime the planet is threatened he will rise from his tomb the fight the enemies of Alric Prime.

Sounds like a heretic to me... lol

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 07:13:26 PM »
I will decide who the heretics are here!!

This Knight seems pretty cool from an Allied perspective too, nice and fluffy, would definitely run it with my Grey Knights
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Tywinn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 07:54:49 PM »
So I ran this knight  in a 4k pts maelstorm misson . I play dark angels and was going against SM imp guard allies.  let me tell you  this guy is worth the 500 pts between the 3++ and it will not die this things a beast! I had him lead the charge front and center with land speeders behind popping missiles off and using him as cover . Shooting and charging cut the distance to nothing to the enemies leman Russ and land raider. All of his  heavy weaps next tun was solely focused on generatus to only get 2 hull points which I ended up getting back from it will not die. By turn four he had given up and only tired to tar pit the knight I have played knight errand and paladin I glady will fork out the extra points to run him. Considering the only other knight  character is the black knight who at 400 pts and u get ws bs 6 preferred enemy tau but same ion shield save.... It's not even thought of  what to bring.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 08:46:53 PM »
So I ran this knight  in a 4k pts maelstorm misson . I play dark angels and was going against SM imp guard allies.  let me tell you  this guy is worth the 500 pts between the 3++ and it will not die this things a beast! I had him lead the charge front and center with land speeders behind popping missiles off and using him as cover . Shooting and charging cut the distance to nothing to the enemies leman Russ and land raider. All of his  heavy weaps next tun was solely focused on generatus to only get 2 hull points which I ended up getting back from it will not die. By turn four he had given up and only tired to tar pit the knight I have played knight errand and paladin I glady will fork out the extra points to run him. Considering the only other knight  character is the black knight who at 400 pts and u get ws bs 6 preferred enemy tau but same ion shield save.... It's not even thought of  what to bring.

On the obsidian knight:

Does he get you the same ion shield save though? He is listed as a seneshal, and they get a 3+...
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline Tywinn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 06:04:28 AM »
I will double check. I had thought it was only a 3++ to the ion shield where as generatus is a inv save. So he still a monster in close combat

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 06:51:37 AM »
I think I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you meant the Obsidian Knight only had a 4++ ion shield, rather than a 3++. He doesn't have a normal invulnerable save or anything.

Offline Tywinn

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 04:45:48 PM »
Yea I can't describe my friends face when I showed him the data slate and he realized his bane blade was at home.  It a monster of a knight and worth the 500 pts

Online Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 04:55:55 PM »
Wait, so who are the knight characters? I thought there was only 1.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 04:47:14 AM »
There is also the Obsidian Knight in the Tau warzone book.