Author Topic: Blood Angel unit review 7th edition 3.0 July 2016 update  (Read 16252 times)

Offline ChaplainNemiel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Angel unit review 7th edition. (Updated 11th December, new codex)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 04:33:18 PM »
I'm very interested as to how my Blood Angel cousins are viewing this codex.
Surely it will take more time to unlock the best combo's of the dex. I know that many are disappointed that assault marines can't be taken as troops (I'm sure a supplement or dataslate formation will arise! for now can't you just use some assault squads and Vanguard squads to fulfill your jump pack needs?)

Offline Remtek

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Angel unit review 7th edition. (Updated 11th December, new codex)
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 09:06:20 AM »
I think we will be seeing alot of Death Company and Sanguinary Guard with some Vanguard Vet's (formation) and commands squad mixed in.
The classic assault marines are actually better off in a pod or rhino now. Getting a fast rhino and 5 marines (with option of 2 special weapons+2pistols) for only 85 points is just to good of a deal.

Will be interesting to see if they will release a jump assault marine formation, but i'm doubting they will beat DC in this role. We can run 60 jump DC with the new detachment (15x4)

Alot of potential in the new dex for fluffy lists that are semi competitive :)

Offline darkblueuk

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Have a look at this forum, excellent new reviews on ba http://fromthefang.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline vaderx30

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
You forgot to review Gabriel Seth

Offline Remtek

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Added.

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
I haven't played him yet, but Gabriel Seth seems a lot better for what you pay.. especially with Rending and the ability to generate extra hits apparently without end.
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Remtek

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
He has 6 attacks on the charge, which should net him one extra attack. When not charging (he is slow moving) It's around 0,6 extra attacks. He will usually get one rending hit every other turn. VS marines i he killing around 1.3 on avg each round, and vs termies less than one. VS MC he is decent and pretty good vs high armor, but if you are hitting rear armor 10 you are gonna destroy it regardless of seth. Slow moving as well. Just a single str 8 hit will instakill him.  It's very hard to utilize rampage as he is reliant on protection from a large unit. If you are playing vs Ork's he looks solid, but vs most armies he has so many weak spots, even if he is fairly priced.

You can get a Captain with 2+ 3++ T5 (bike) and a relic sword for only a few more points.

Offline White Noise

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
is this up to date?
cause i'm pretty sure you can't take Dante as a HQ slot..

And Termies are atm better than GK termies, since grav removes them faster than they can blink.

Online Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
Last Edit: March 23, 2015,   

however no changes to our own codex since then!

Dante: the section says HQ including LOW => right you can't take dante as HQ
GK Termis are still cheaper than ours thats whats meant with them being "better" although ours have different cc weapons
=Blood Angels=

Offline Remtek

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
I did an update to the review in March due to more playtesting.
Put Dante and Seth in under HQ's since they are comparable to our HQ's. I'll put them in a seperate LoW next update to avoid confusion, apologies!
GK terminators is just a comparison, they being cheaper and objective secured and still not very competitive. To reflect the current state of tactical terminators.

Online Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Angel unit review 7th edition 3.0 March 2016 update
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 08:27:37 AM »
Great Update, thank you!
 MVP section provides some nice new Infos :)

Side note:
theres no mention of DC Dread or the Deathstorm troop-slots (although not that important i guess)
=Blood Angels=

Offline Lemartes

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 08:40:12 AM »
Great post! Will you be updating it again now that the scouts have had an errata bumping them back up to WS4 BS4? Our dreadnoughts (including Cassor the Damned) has also gained 2 attacks to their base stat line too.  ;D

Offline Remtek

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 06:35:01 AM »
Yes, i'll be doing an update soon :) Been able to get two games in after faq was released. Last game was a 1000 point list with 30 close combat scouts and 5 dreadnoughts. Libby Dread, Fragioso, DC Dread, Rifledread and a stanard multimelta/fist dread. Just for fun, but the list actually worked about a lot better then expected. Turn 1 and 2 was looking grim, but then things started coming together. They survive alot more shooting when walking across the board and the scouts will pressure early.

Offline Qure

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Angel unit review 7th edition 3.0 July 2016 update
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 12:31:49 AM »
What about assault marines for the troop choice? Viable?

Offline xDalee

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Angel unit review 7th edition 3.0 July 2016 update
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 07:26:38 AM »
@qure assault marines can't be troops, however if you play a flesh tearers strike force, min 1 hq, 1 troop, 1 fast attack, you can take a hq of choice librarian/captain/chaplain/priest, cassor the damed as your troop choice, and a drop pod for him as your fast attack choice, and then just play whatever you want, like 5 assault squads, 3 death company squads, if you want to feel like the old blood angels codex with assault marines everywhere :)
Regards,

Dalee~