Author Topic: the next 40K Codex - Black Templars?  (Read 6326 times)

Offline mam2087

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
the next 40K Codex - Black Templars?
« on: June 17, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
Anyone else believe the next 40K codex will be BT?   I used to think so , but now not so certain.  As it stands it is the oldest Codex (besides Sisters of Battle if you don't count that joke of an update in White Dwarf).   However GW seems to be on a zenos kick.   So I'm starting to guess maybe Orks next.

What do you think?

Will we even get a new separate Black Templars Codex ?

Offline TeethandTalons40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: the next 40K Codex - Black Templars?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 11:31:37 AM »
The codex in my view should be in the next year, being the oldest codex it's just a matter of time before the update, even if its a WD update

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
I can't see GW not releasing another Black Templar model rangle simply becasue they have the models for it. Bigger question imho is will it just be an update to 6th like the Eldar codex or a complete re-write like Grey Knights? Best Black Templar players can do right now is just humer down and wait.

We have all heard the rumors of the rage land raider that moves an extra 12" or so when it gets destroyed, and you can bet on'templars getting a special model like the wraithknight or something, so it will pay off...
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline TeethandTalons40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »
Yeah totally agree, the trend GW are going with right now is flyers and Titans as shown with the elder and the tau, you could put money down that BT will get ether/both.

Offline Vexicus

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 11:42:34 AM »
The Templars did get access to the Storm Raven and Talon with Death from the Skies but having said that the direction of GW right now is Mech suits and tbh whats a cooler image than a massive suit of armour weilding a huge sword and a massive shield. Thats what I think off fo Black Templars. I did hear, blasphemy warning, they might end up in Codex: Space Marine. I hope not as they are quite different in their ways but who knows.

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 11:53:48 AM »
There were rumors up a "special" dread- kind of like a knight titan...
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Offline Devoyify

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 12:04:54 PM »
From what I have heard it will be Apocalypse, then Lizardmen or Dwarfs for fantasy and then Black Templars after that.
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »
By the emperor I hope so... I have looked around the internet as i am sure you all have done. From what I can see nobody has a clue, as to who is next and/or if we Templars will even get another stand alone. However if I had to guess id say we are def getting a stand alone codex. Like fritz and some others have said it is all about the money and the opportunity for more money is there with a shiny new stand alone and brand new model range to compliment it. We already know about our fliers, and surely we will get a nice new giant Black Knight like everyone else. Time will tell. One more thing I do not truly know if we are next or not but mu best guess is that we are very soon because we are the oldest. To best prepare yourself id hope for the best but expect the worst...

Offline Raydash

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
Black Templars was my first army and I keep playing them from time to time. As they are right now... Do you guys think they can't do well in tournaments?

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 12:15:51 PM »
We know a marine dex is next- is it generic codex marines or templars? Templars I hope, but I'm a bit biased on that.  ;D

Offline Douce40k

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 12:16:26 PM »
I just hope they don't do what they have done with Iyanden to space marines and make other chapters supplements
"To gives oneself to Chaos, body and soul - is there any more complete act of devotion?"

CSM 3K

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »
Raydash. I think this is a lil b off-topic and should maybe be placed into its own topic but Yes brother Templars are very competitive if you want\need them to be. I can share some lists or ideas with you if you want. There are a few things many people do like deathstar units and the black tide. Now with great flier support you should be able to get somewhere at a tourney.  You must understand tho that as the oldest book in the game you do face a serious load of handicaps compared to other armies in the game.

Offline Weizel4

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
A codex supplement to codex space marines could have potential. It would have to be more substantial than iyanden's with some new units and more unique rules but I do see it having potential, especially if it comes out sooner than later that would be worth it to me.

Offline Douce40k

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 01:25:35 PM »
I agree supplements could be great and have potential if it meant quicker updates and even more choice maybe but like you say it would need to be much more substantial or a change in the price
"To gives oneself to Chaos, body and soul - is there any more complete act of devotion?"

CSM 3K

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
Over on faeit 212 hes reporting that the Space Marine Codex is coming in September with a White Scars Codex Supplement shortly after. Supposedly GW is releasing it then to help keep the sales up as last year thats when Dark Vengeance was released. Space Marines being the most recognizable they are hoping it will help keep the numbers from dropping. Supposedly thats it for 40k till next year. But thats just the latest rumors so who knows.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"