Author Topic: New Officio Assassinorum dataslate  (Read 4192 times)

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: New Officio Assassinorum dataslate
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 04:58:30 AM »
I used the Culexus against Grey Knights this week and he was absolutely brutal. Killed an entire Terminator squad and Librarian (Warlord) himself plus shut down most of their psychic phase. Against certain armies, the Culexus can win you the battle almost single-handedly. Even against non-psychic armies he's still pretty tasty with his AP1 gun and ignores armour melee attacks.
Yeah I figured he would be horrendous to fight against in a psychic heavy army however all of the assassins seem incredibly powerful

Offline Ironhammer

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 05:42:45 AM »
I like the callidus.  Putting an AP2 template anywhere on the board on the first turn could really give you the advantage.  Plus the whole minus 3 to reserves could prove handy when dealing with a flyer or drop pod list

Offline Thatguyoverthere

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 09:12:53 AM »
Can we still put the vindicaire behind a defense line to fire the quad gun/icarus lascannon for precision shots that ignore cover?  I think an icarus would be a GREAT sniper rifle lol!

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »
I believe you most certainly can.
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 02:30:37 AM »
If you're thinking of using the Vindicare with a quad-gun (which certainly sounds fun negating flyers' jink saves), why not put it on a bastion or bunker? You'd get the same cover save but could get the added benefit of a void shield to help protect your Vindicare. And you could stuff the fortification full of other fun things like Devestators.