Author Topic: Grey Knight Librarians  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Knight Librarians
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 03:54:09 AM »
In the past, I slighty converted the finecast "SM Librarian in TDA" model. Replaced his right hand with a GK one (with GK Shoulder Pad) and... a Nemesis Warding Stave  ;D ;D ;D Very happy right now with my selection. S6 is nice (it's S8 with Hammerhand, enough to crack rear armor of most tanks) and AP4 does not bother me. The need to upgrade my Stormbolter is only a nuisance (yeah, able to take combi-weapon, but I do not feel the need for that).

But, as I had not use the open book on the back of the model, I would like to use it for converting another Librarian from regular GK Terminator. Any ideas how to clearly mark the model as a Libby? What do I need to add to the "stock" terminator to turn him into a chapter's Librarian?
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 05:55:58 AM »
I don't know how many points the relic is that gives you a bonus power but you are only going to be getting on average 6 or 7 warp dice with one psykers mastery level 3 you might have 5 powers to choose from but you are only getting off 2 of them at most per turn you might be better off with 2 psykers

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 05:59:25 AM »
In the past, I slighty converted the finecast "SM Librarian in TDA" model. Replaced his right hand with a GK one (with GK Shoulder Pad) and... a Nemesis Warding Stave  ;D ;D ;D Very happy right now with my selection. S6 is nice (it's S8 with Hammerhand, enough to crack rear armor of most tanks) and AP4 does not bother me. The need to upgrade my Stormbolter is only a nuisance (yeah, able to take combi-weapon, but I do not feel the need for that).

But, as I had not use the open book on the back of the model, I would like to use it for converting another Librarian from regular GK Terminator. Any ideas how to clearly mark the model as a Libby? What do I need to add to the "stock" terminator to turn him into a chapter's Librarian?
A shoulder pad for the chapter and a staff at least
Scroll-work a character head instead of a helmet is extra
A hood and a cloak if you want to go all out

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 11:10:07 AM »
Bah, checked the original Librarian back home and there is no way I would convert a Psychic Hood.

So bought on e-Bay this model, really looking forward to work on it. I'll replace the hands with new GK ones, give him proper equipment and voila  8)

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:28 PM »
The grey knights already have a 'psychic hood' on each model, and you could always convert one from a pauldron if you're willing to cut it a bit.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.