Author Topic: Anybody Running Contemprtors?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Anybody Running Contemprtors?
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
I'm thinking of adding some punch to my army with some Contemptor dreadnaughts.  They're legal for 40K Templars per Imperial Armor 2, but they're expensive and costly point wise.  I'm curious if anyone runs them and what your experience has been.

Also, any other suggestions on Forgeworld stuff that can beef up my Templars in 40K games would be much appreciated.  I want to use this stuff in tournaments, so they have to be, "40K Approved", models.

Thanks

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody Running Contemprtors?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 06:15:59 AM »
I run a Contemptor in my BT, though I don't use the chapter approved ruleset because I don't have the book YET. I like to run mine with two fists with flamers and a cyclone missile launcher. I mean sure it's expensive but until we get a big beater like what Grey knights, Tau, and Eldar have, Contemptor dreds can fill in that slot well enough. If you wanna run forgeworld armaments, I recommend the Land Raider Achilles. It's a land raider with a thunderfirecannon. Disgusting. There's also the spartan assault carrier that can hold 10 terminators, the eagle variant of the stormraven (not sure what it does but it looks much more like an aircraft instead of a box with wings) The chaplain dreadnought would be a good addition to a BT army too.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody Running Contemprtors?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:21 AM »
I run a Contemptor in my BT...I like to run mine with two fists with flamers and a cyclone missile launcher.

Oh my goodness!  That must be a beast.  Thanks for the tip.  Hmm....  I plan on buying a Contemptor.  Maybe that's my build right there.

Thanks for the tips on the other models as well.  Much appreciated!